Sheffield Wednesday V Charlton

thought i would put the next league games as you know i am busy,this should be a good test,over to you guys, what do you think?

27 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Well, i'm going to reserve comment until after the Sunderland game.

Hmmm... :huh:

In that case...

... I suppose it's too much to hope that the game is postponed... indefinitely? :hihi:

It's really difficult to predict early season games, all I'll say is we have to strive to win our home games if we are to be in contention.

It's imperative we win our home games. We should set out to win every game 5-0...(more than 5 is acceptable). Whether it was the first game of the season or not, we slipped up badly against Pompey. We should have shown our intent from minute one and Steam rollered all before us. Many Nationwide Pundits say we have the finest squad in the League. So, as it's not just one person's opinion, but many, we should be top of the League (or deffo top 3) from start to finish, ultimately ending the season as Champions. Reasons and excuses, to me, are not acceptable this season. Champions has to be the minimum expectation. 2nd or Playoffs will be relative failure. We are regarded by many as the biggest/best club in the Division. Sunderland and a couple more definitely match or surpass this notion, but this time, I have zero tolerance. 1st, or failed. That's it. No question.

Edited by Hotmale 1954
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It's imperative we win our home games. We should set out to win every game 5-0...(more than 5 is acceptable). Whether it was the first game of the season or not, we slipped up badly against Pompey. We should have shown our intent from minute one and Steam rollered all before us. Many Nationwide Pundits say we have the finest squad in the League. So, as it's not just one person's opinion, but many, we should be top of the League (or deffo top 3) from start to finish, ultimately ending the season as Champions. Reasons and excuses, to me, are not acceptable this season. Champions has to be the minimum expectation. 2nd or Playoffs will be relative failure. We are regarded by many as the biggest/best club in the Division. Sunderland and a couple more definitely match or surpass this notion, but this time, I have zero tolerance. 1st, or failed. That's it. No question.

Yep - I totally agree with you, Mr Tuna! ;)

Well not the bit about Sunderland... obviously! :hihi:

Edited by Mr Bloke

Former Premier league team from our capital city, you can't change that. 

You can't bring a tiger into your house and expect it to behave like a cat, it's still a tiger. 

Charlton are from the premiership, but playing in league 1, but are still Premier ship, if you get my meaning.  The dna is there 

Owls 0 - 5 Charlton 

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Yep - I totally agree with you, Mr Tuna! ;)

Well not the bit about Sunderland... obviously! :hihi:

I do sound a bit Dictatorial don't I?

Well this season I am. I don't normally blow Wednesday's trumpet. I'm hard to impress. I want total football and huge success. Yep. Success is not everything to me, though it is to the majority. I like to be impressed. To be proud. To be confident. For my team to be impressive. For far too long, none of the above have been to the fore.

This year HAS to be our (my) year.

Clear winners and a force to really be reckoned with. If a team scrapes a draw against us, they should rightly be doing Cartwheels. To me, defeat is impossible. We are invincible. I remind myself of someone from the 40's. His name escapes me! 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I do sound a bit Dictatorial don't I?

Well this season I am. I don't normally blow Wednesday's trumpet. I'm hard to impress. I want total football and huge success. Yep. Success is not everything to me, though it is to the majority. I like to be impressed. To be proud. To be confident. For my team to be impressive. For far too long, none of the above have been to the fore.

This year HAS to be our (my) year.

Clear winners and a force to really be reckoned with. If a team scrapes a draw against us, they should rightly be doing Cartwheels. To me, defeat is impossible. We are invincible. I remind myself of someone from the 40's. His name escapes me! 🙂 

First of all Hots, welcome to a new season, nice to have you back.....

I agree with the points you make, failure is NOT acceptable.

I'm confident this campaign (again) will bring rewards, in the shape of a top 2 finish.

Obviously early doors, but a decent start to the campaign, good results bring confidence and lift the team spirit.

A win today will be a big boost.

3-0 will do nicely..

• Like 1

Today's line up against Charlton one change to last Saturday's game, not much point in comparing it to the Sunderland games line up.

Message to DM, stop giving me heart attacks and sweep these numpty teams aside and get out of the goddam awful league!

Well played Liam Palmer!

Edited by prince al
  • Like 1

A wins a win no matter how we played. Need to up the performance next game though if we want 3 points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rogets said:

Former Premier league team from our capital city, you can't change that. 

You can't bring a tiger into your house and expect it to behave like a cat, it's still a tiger. 

Charlton are from the premiership, but playing in league 1, but are still Premier ship, if you get my meaning.  The dna is there 

Owls 0 - 5 Charlton 

Are you sure your an OWL ???? glad I ain't got your way of thinking pathetic  🥱

Edited by owl.66