Alex Belfield Found Guilty Of Stalking.

Hopefully he gets locked up, might knock some sense into him, yeah ive watched one or two of his videos, usual right wing nonsense and obsessions. Again it shows you are free to have freedom of speech but NOT freedom of the consequences of what you say, you cant just go round hounding and abusing people you disagree with without consequences.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if he's Right wing or not, I haven't seen enough of his material to judge that but I stumbled on his channel and liked the subject he was covering. However, the vile smutty comments he randomly made put me right off. 

Just no need for it so I didn't watch any more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Hopefully he gets locked up.

Not easy to get jail time these days, what has he done?

I did read an article and it gave no details, just said he was a troll.

Surely you cannot get jailed for trolling.

I have seen people speeding at crazy speeds and putting lives in jail, they don't get locked up.

Why would a man want to stalk another man ? 

Various reasons perhaps he enjoyed intimidating men,  stalking may be a hate crime now.

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

Not easy to get jail time these days, what has he done?

I did read an article and it gave no details, just said he was a troll.

Surely you cannot get jailed for trolling.

I have seen people speeding at crazy speeds and putting lives in jail, they don't get locked up.

Harassing people, obsessionally, all day every day, for things he happens to dislike

15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Harassing people, obsessionally, all day every day, for things he happens to dislike

Hmmm... :huh:

And how is that any different to what happens on here, Mr Mel? :suspect:

Well, I'll tell you...
... the difference is that Mr Belfield presumably has a bigger audience, and his comments have been brought to the attention of those affected!

So, before anyone jumps on the latest bandwagon...
... maybe you should all have a look at your own posting habits first? :roll:

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

And how is that any different to what happens on here, Mr Mel? :suspect:

Well, I'll tell you...
... the difference is that Mr Belfield presumably has a bigger audience, and his comments have been brought to the attention of those affected!

So, before anyone jumps on the latest bandwagon...
... maybe you should all have a look at your own posting habits first? :roll:

crybaby, for one that doesnt happen to the same extent on here, IF somebody posts something i have an issue with, im going to reply, BUT i dont follow people around, and i dont hound them, infact theres days where i dont post anything, purely because i cant be arsed

There are other Court cases in progress and therefore reporting restrictions etc. will be in place.

As usual it is the victims who cannot defend themselves and speculation just makes the problem worse for them.

15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

crybaby, for one that doesnt happen to the same extent on here, IF somebody posts something i have an issue with, im going to reply, BUT i dont follow people around, and i dont hound them, infact theres days where i dont post anything, purely because i cant be arsed

Sorry Mr Mel - I obviously didn't mean YOU specifically! :)

But I've just had a quick look at this case, and it appears that there's no evidence to suggest that anyone has been following anyone around or threatening anyone (maybe I'm wrong here?)...

... just poking fun at them online!

IF that's ALL it is, then we're on a bit of a slippery slope if people are no longer capable of laughing at themselves... :(

10 hours ago, pattricia said:

Why would a man want to stalk another man ? 

He wasn't physically "stalking" anyone in the way we all understand that term, he bombarding certain people with supposedly harassing emails, something which is now risibly regarded as "stalking."