Jump to content

Where In Sheffield Can I Buy Household Soap?

Recommended Posts

I'm sure most of you remember the green Fairy soap bars that your Mum might have kept under the sink to get the collars on your school shirts nice and clean.

Well Fairy don't make those bars anymore!

I have some Co-op own brand household soap, but I'm down to my last bar. 

I've been all over Sheffield today, Co-op, Aldi, and Sainsburys, and nothing.

Has anyone bought any household soap bars recently, and if so, where did you buy them from?

Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I'm sure most of you remember the green Fairy soap bars that your Mum might have kept under the sink to get the collars on your school shirts nice and clean.

Well Fairy don't make those bars anymore!

I have some Co-op own brand household soap, but I'm down to my last bar. 

I've been all over Sheffield today, Co-op, Aldi, and Sainsburys, and nothing.

Has anyone bought any household soap bars recently, and if so, where did you buy them from?

Thanks in advance.

 

Having the same problem finding scouring powder, Vim, Ajax, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can get it online. The last time I noticed it in a shop was in an old fashioned hardware store in Buxton. 

Edited by redruby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't aware there was a problem with soap. I bought a multi bar block of Dove soap from Tesco Abbeydale Road recently, no problem. Maybe I was lucky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

widely available in East Africa in my experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silverglade5 said:

I wasn't aware there was a problem with soap. I bought a multi bar block of Dove soap from Tesco Abbeydale Road recently, no problem. Maybe I was lucky!

Household soap and toilet soap are different. You wouldn't want to wash the collars of your shirts, or the under arms of your T shirt with Dove soap.

Perhaps toilet soap will work as well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Household soap and toilet soap are different. You wouldn't want to wash the collars of your shirts, or the under arms of your T shirt with Dove soap.

Perhaps toilet soap will work as well....

why would you not want to apart from expense?  will my collars be damaged if i use Dove?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poundstretcher had a yellow bar of Sunlight soap think it was £1:25 this was a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mister M said:

I'm sure most of you remember the green Fairy soap bars that your Mum might have kept under the sink to get the collars on your school shirts nice and clean.

Well Fairy don't make those bars anymore!

I have some Co-op own brand household soap, but I'm down to my last bar. 

I've been all over Sheffield today, Co-op, Aldi, and Sainsburys, and nothing.

Has anyone bought any household soap bars recently, and if so, where did you buy them from?

Thanks in advance.

 

if the likes of Wilkos and Savers in town don't have them then most large Asian supermarkets definitely stock them. For example Hamza supermarket in Page Hall definitively stock these soaps. Come in the green and pink variety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just remembered I’m sure the large Asian shops on Abbeydale Road sell the green and red soap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

I’ve just remembered I’m sure the large Asian shops on Abbeydale Road sell the green and red soap.

When ever I have bought on my travels it is blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

why would you not want to apart from expense?  will my collars be damaged if i use Dove?

I think household soap has different ingredients to toilet soap. Household soap has things like enzymes in, toilet soap is more for cleaning / caring for skin with things like moisturisers in.

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

Poundstretcher had a yellow bar of Sunlight soap think it was £1:25 this was a few weeks ago.

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.