Sign in to follow this  

5g Coverage In Sheffield.

Could anyone tell me if Sheffield is covered by the 5G network, and is there more of an advantage buying a 5G phone for the casual user?

O2 has the worst 5G coverage, but Sheffield is mostly 100% covered by all networks.

at the moment, there's no 'reason' to go to 5G from 4G Unless you need the speed it offers, if you're just browsing the web, sending emails etc then it really wont make much difference...

Although, eventually all phones will be 5G, and 6G will come in...

Thank you for that. I will stick to 4G.

I had some time to kill the other day at the NHS Walk In Centre on Broad Lane and used up some minutes by fiddling about with my phone recently enabled for 5G.  A speed test of the 5G system available in this City Centre location was blistering, with a download of 175 or more mbits per sec instead of the maximum 30 or so available by 4G where I live. For normal browsing this improvement appears marginal and will probably not be considered essential, but for downloads the difference is enormous and will probably be of some interest to more heavy duty film and music downloaders.

7 hours ago, silverglade5 said:

I had some time to kill the other day at the NHS Walk In Centre on Broad Lane and used up some minutes by fiddling about with my phone recently enabled for 5G.  A speed test of the 5G system available in this City Centre location was blistering, with a download of 175 or more mbits per sec instead of the maximum 30 or so available by 4G where I live. For normal browsing this improvement appears marginal and will probably not be considered essential, but for downloads the difference is enormous and will probably be of some interest to more heavy duty film and music downloaders.

Depends a lot on your network, I have seen over 100mbps on 4G :)