4 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Hackney  carriages cannot accomodate all wheelchair types. I remember reading a news article about a woman in Millhouses who was unable to use a Hackney wheelchair accessible taxi because her wheelchair wouldn't fit and subsequently missed her husband's funeral. But you missed my last post, it is NOT just about wheelchair users. Having a bus portal at the station would provide multiple benefits. Having the station forecourt more open and visible would also reduce anti-social behaviour, as has been proven with the opening up of Doncaster sfation forecourt.

1. Whilst unfortunate, the lady in question will have already been aware of her chair's limited access and failed to plan ahead. This is not the fault of the taxis, public transport etc. That failure is on her. That being said I can find no such news article so either post a link or admit it's nonsense.
2. There is a bus portal,  it's less that 100yrds to Sheffield bus station.
3. Donny station was always open. It was only closed for redevelopment, which has recently been complete & such has no bearing on ASB. I suggest you stop clutching at straws. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

Did you mean to be so rude?  I know what I read. It was in a printed newspaper and not online.  Though as I said to you, it is not just about wheelchairs, that is only part of it.

The Interchange is not at the railway station So, you are wrong, there is no bus service portal at the railway station. 

The interchange isn't at the rail station no, but it is easily accessible from there - all on the flat.

39 minutes ago, Resident said:

I am willing to bet I can exit Midland station at any point in the day and get an accessible taxi within 2-3 minutes. I'm so sure of my victory that I am willing to let you name your stake. 

Of course, being the odious little troll that you are you'll make up some lie or claim that you're being bullied. 

Bumped, as he/she seems to have ignored this wager.

48 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

As has been pointed out, to provide a bus stop on the station forecourt would require extensive civil engineering and the removal of the current water feature, to leave a massive gaping hole, and costing several thousand £'s for no real benefit. And as has also previously been pointed out (more than once) there are Hackney Carriage vehicles well within the station environment.

I happen to agree that this 'service' will achieve nothing, but not for the reasons you give.

3 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I haven't edited anything of your post. Everything I have quoted is what you have said.

Above is the full text of the post you conveniently part quoted.

I ignore all posts that are abusive.

Part quoting is not editing. It is merely selecting the part of the text that is relevant.

Which disregards the main point of the full post, and misrepresents my comment.

So are you in favour of this scheme or not?

Which 'scheme'? If you are referring to 'Sheffield Connect', I have said from the start - on various topics on the subject - that it is merely a political vanity project.

28 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

1. Did you mean to be so rude?  I know what I read. It was in a printed newspaper and not online.  Though as I said to you, it is not just about wheelchairs, that is only part of it.

2.  The Interchange is not at the railway station So, you are wrong, there is no bus service portal at the railway station. 

3. Oh and whilst I am "clutching at straws", there is no rail station called "Donny". There is however, one called Doncaster.

1. Statements of fact are not rude. Here's another. If it was printed by a media outlet it will be online too, next....

2. Directly outside the train station you have 2 bus stops, Suffolk Rd/Turner St & Sheaf St/Harmer Ln & as said less than 100 yrds away and decently sign-posted, Sheffield Interchange. 

3. licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK8PAuqgglKX9

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bumped, as he/she seems to have ignored this wager.

Offering a wager is abusive apparently. 

58 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Having a bus portal at the station would provide multiple benefits. Having the station forecourt more open and visible would also reduce anti-social behaviour, as has been proven with the opening up of Doncaster station forecourt.

Exactly what anti-social behaviour is happening in the area outside Sheffield station?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

Exactly what anti-social behaviour is happening in the area outside Sheffield station?

I have no idea - I'm a very frequent visitor, and apart from a couple of individuals who may ask 'for a cig', or money on rare occasions - and who wander off after a short time, I've seen nothing.

18 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I have no idea - I'm a very frequent visitor, and apart from a couple of individuals who may ask 'for a cig', or money on rare occasions - and who wander off after a short time, I've seen nothing.

Ever seen people sleeping in tents? 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ever seen people sleeping in tents? 🤣🤣

Actually, a couple of months back I did see a couple of tents close to the very edge of the empty site where Dyson House was, but they had gone in a couple of days, no doubt moved on by the authorities.