7 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Nope they are off to Stoke. Older ones coming to replace them. Book value too high for Sheffield. 

Thanks - thought it was unlikely.

7 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Where the fountain is.

Why, don't you like the 'fountain'?

9 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Nope they are off to Stoke. Older ones coming to replace them. Book value too high for Sheffield. 

Indeed. SY is just FirstBus's dumping ground for end of life vehicles because FSY won't/can't maintain them properly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Where the fountain is.

Why would you ever think that was a reasonable expectation?

There are bus stops on either side of Sheaf St at the top of the ramp if you wanted to use something in that area. 

• Like 1

Rip up a fountain to make room for a bus to save people walking an extra 50 yards. Probably the worst suggestion ever made on this forum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

People getting off a train who do not know this city will feel safer having a direct bus service that they can board on the premises of the station, instead of having to cross two public streets that are littered with beggars and druggies. Railway passengers often have heavy suitcases, so walking up additional ramps and steps is less appealing. Also, disabled passengers, who are wheelchair bound would appreciate not having to wheel themselves up to Paternoster Row. The space on the forecourt could also be used for rail replacement buses, instead of staff and customers having to go back and forth to the interchange.

You can see the bus stops from the forecourt and apart from one semi-permanent 'resident' on the station approach (who is actually a nice, quiet individual), there are no 'beggars and druggies'  permanently there  - yes, you get a couple of itinerant individuals, but nothing that scary.

I use the Rail and Bus stations on a regular basis, and I have yet to see your claimed problems. Disabled/wheelchair bound passengers usually have arranged pick-ups from the drop-off area, or can get taxis - they are rather more resourceful than you give them credit for.

How often do you see rail replacement buses at Sheffield Station? - and it is not that far to the Interchange.

"littered".

Dear god.

7 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Unsure whether this question is how often do I see them AT the station premises or how often do rail replacement buses operate. There have never been rail replacement buses from the premises, it has always been the Interchange. Rail replacement buses in general operate a significant amount of times a year. For example, the Hope Valley Line is currenty having the track replaced and there are replacement buses to Hope and nearby stations.

Notice you avoid the rest of my reply, but no matter.  You obviously don't see them 'at' the rail station, but when they do operate - not that often if you actually check on a regular basis, they are sign-posted.

I am very well aware of the modifications/upgrades to the Hope Valley Line, which is by its very nature taking rather longer than replacing 100 yards of track.

Edited by RollingJ

Can you please put a number on the number of wheelchair users who arrive at Sheffield per year having made no onward plans for travel and are planning to travel on buses? Buses that are currently further away than the proposed stop next to the Howard pub, lest we forget?

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, LovePotion said:

I have absolutely no idea and am inventing issues where none clearly exists

As I suspected.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

I have reported this post. You cannot falsify quotes.

Just report him for being an idiot 

Physician heal thyself!