Smoking Cannabis In Public

The smell is the problem for me too. I’m happy to live and let live on this in every way apart from the smell.  And yes, we did end up having to move house because of smell of it getting in our house. The smokers are oblivious to the smell but as someone put it on here once they have no idea they smell like they just <  > their pants.

Edited by redruby
  • Like 1

Back in the day cannabis was a fringe habit and the old stuff didn’t smell too bad. Nowadays it’s been widely embraced by the mainstream youth who prefer the genetically modified “skunk “ variant which bloody stinks to high heaven. As for the police,forget it you’re on your own. To illustrate, last night my mum woke in the early hours to a commotion outside. Unusual as she lives on a nice, quiet estate. Turns out a group of scumbags had turned up with a van to steal a neighbours motorcycle. Police were called and a few households were yelling at the perps. One of the lowlifes then produced a machete from the vehicle and stood guard while his mates completed their thievery. Police never arrived. So we now live in a society where criminals can do what they please unworried by the consequences, great job SYP 👍

• Like 2

It's just a smell, one of hundreds you might come across daily, if you examined your own psyche you'd probably find you're so viscerally against it because it's the the smell of illegality, the smell of people not conforming, the smell of people having a good time, the smell of demonised poor people, the smell of young folk.

Perhaps when it's legal it will smell more acceptable.

54 minutes ago, Palomar said:

It's just a smell, one of hundreds you might come across daily, if you examined your own psyche you'd probably find you're so viscerally against it because it's the the smell of illegality, the smell of people not conforming, the smell of people having a good time, the smell of demonised poor people, the smell of young folk.

Right, kids?

Bz0UHmXCUAEKk5S.jpg

As the spokesperson for our generation (and People's Poet), I thank you.

On 18/07/2022 at 14:51, DuncanBiscuits said:

What if you want to live without the smell?  

Hang some rotting meat on your side of fence in order to breed maggots for fishing, the smell of the weed will be forgotten.

2 hours ago, Palomar said:

I couldn’t give a monkey’s what people want to do  for good time and  if you don’t mind smelling like a steaming bag of dog mess tossed into a roadside skip and left there to rot for weeks in a heatwave for a good time go for it. But I don’t want my own house, my own personal space, smelling like that. But I guess it’s the same as cigarette smokers and soap dodgers not realising that they stinky stinky stink.

On 18/07/2022 at 15:56, The_DADDY said:

Unfortunately you can either complain or move home. That's pretty much all you can do if your neighbor is the ignorant sort.

It was actually my neighbour who was the reason I stopped. I loved a good smoke but she could smell it in her house too and no matter how I tried to control the smell it still crept in so I stopped. As much as I liked my weed I wasn't prepared to knowingly effect somone else's quality of life. 

Simple as that, just  «  move home ». 

On 18/07/2022 at 14:39, dan2802 said:

One of our neighbours smokes it and it stinks.

We can't even open the windows.

Latest time was 7am this morning !

Wait while the wind is in their direction and have a bonfire don't forget to put some plastic or rubber on.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

What does it smell like ?

There's a reason it's called s..t

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Simple as that, just  «  move home ». 

That’s exactly what we did. It’s not ‘as simple as that’ though when it involves selling your house and finding a new property. Don’t assume everyone can just flit around from one rented place to another even if you can. Think about someone with young kids - should they have smell of weed in their bedrooms and have to move house and potentially school at short notice if they don’t like it? Think about other people. Most people couldn’t care less about people smoking weed if that’s what they want but a lot of people find the smell rank and while they will put it up with outdoors or passing by they shouldn’t have to smell a stink like rancid dog mess in their own home and they have every right to complain about it.

• Like 1