Legal Protections Against Woke Tyranny.

43 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Speaking of 'hyper-sensitive view of what is acceptable rhetoric', you might have noticed that 2 candidates of the Conservative Party leadership wannabes have pulled out of the televised debate, because candidates beliefs do not match their own. :hihi:

And not only the welfare state. Most poor have to work for what they have, or seek help from the state because their employers don't see fit to give them a decent salary.

Which candidates have cited that as a reason for withdrawing?

If employers are paying as much as, or more than, the minimum wage set by a democratically elected government (and which has increased more than 50% in the last 10 years), how are they doing anything wrong?

16 minutes ago, Caswall said:

Which candidates have cited that as a reason for withdrawing?

If employers are paying as much as, or more than, the minimum wage set by a democratically elected government (and which has increased more than 50% in the last 10 years), how are they doing anything wrong?

Truss and Sunak.

The people who are in the employment of those who pay the minimum wage cannot afford a decent standard of living - hence billions of taxpayers money spent through various benefits to top their wages up.

48 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'm alert to discrimination.

Discrimination against some groups of people == bad.

Discrimination against other groups of people == perfectly okay.

That seems to be the woke way. I find it detestable.

Which groups of people in your view are being discriminated against?

I think if you're afraid of wokism, you're one of the problems.

A good example of what I mean is the "comedian" Jim Davidson. The man has dedicated a YouTube channel complaining about how he can't be offensive like he could back in "The good old days". I personally think he's just an old has been that's clinging on for any form of relevance in this world. 

The world is changing and if you're afraid of that then step aside as you're probably in the same category as the aforementioned Mr Davidson. You're too old and you've had your day.  

"Woke is an English adjective meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination" that originated in African-American Vernacular English. " Wikipedia

What exactly is wrong with trying to be inclusive? 

And why does it always seem to be old white men that complain about wokism? 

21 hours ago, DuncanBiscuits said:

Perhaps because they have the benefit of life experience and recognise the silliness of this nauseating current fad for political correctness.

Edited by Caswall
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Caswall said:

Perhaps because they have the benefit of life experience and recognise the silliness of this nauseating current fad for for political correctness.

Cracking answer 👏👏👏

23 hours ago, DuncanBiscuits said:

I think if you're afraid of wokism, you're one of the problems.

A good example of what I mean is the "comedian" Jim Davidson. The man has dedicated a YouTube channel complaining about how he can't be offensive like he could back in "The good old days". I personally think he's just an old has been that's clinging on for any form of relevance in this world. 

The world is changing and if you're afraid of that then step aside as you're probably in the same category as the aforementioned Mr Davidson. You're too old and you've had your day.  

"Woke is an English adjective meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination" that originated in African-American Vernacular English. " Wikipedia

What exactly is wrong with trying to be inclusive? 

My bold. 

Challenge accepted.  I see your Jim Davidson & I raise you Calvin Robinson & Kemi Badenoch. 

Go on on.  Call those two raving Right-wing gammon faces!  

2 hours ago, Caswall said:

Perhaps because they have the benefit of life experience and recognise the silliness of this nauseating current fad for political correctness.

No doubt similar arguments were made when the "current fad" was the emancipation of women, or the abolition of slavery. :roll:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Calvin Robinson & Kemi Badenoch. 

religiously inspired raving right-wing running dogs. 

• Haha 2

@Mister M

Ethnic majorities for one.

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, Palomar said:

Oooh. So you've had to resort to insulting two people who don't fit your agenda or the stereotypical profile of the anti-woke.  Shame you can't put up a cohesive counter argument. 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Palomar said:

They are prescriptive, dogmatic, opportunist-careerists with a strained relationship with reality. Tories

Why they're like that is the puzzle

Guest sibon
16 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

Challenge accepted.  I see your Jim Davidson & I raise you Calvin Robinson & Kemi Badenoch. 

Kemi is clearly raving and ultra right wing.

She also has a face.

Two out of three ain’t bad.

Edited by sibon