Sign in to follow this  

Turntable Won't Rotate.

I think I may have put this question on previously but the same problem has happened again. The turntable on my microwave won’t rotate but still cooks and warms up food. I don’t know whether to get a new microwave, as I’ve had this one for years, or just keep it and hope it will start rotating again. What can be causing this problem, and would having it repaired cost as much as buying a new one ? Any replies would be appreciated.

You did Pat – two years ago. You said in your last post on that thread that it had started to work again.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/474585-why-does-a-microwave-turntable-stop-revolving/page/4/#comments

At least you got another two-years use out of it.

Edited by horribleblob
Link

13 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

You did Pat – two years ago. You said in your last post on that thread that it had started to work again.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/474585-why-does-a-microwave-turntable-stop-revolving/page/4/#comments

At least you got another two-years use out of it.

Thank you Bob for the reminder, This time it hasn’t started up again.!

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I think I may have put this question on previously but the same problem has happened again. The turntable on my microwave won’t rotate but still cooks and warms up food. I don’t know whether to get a new microwave, as I’ve had this one for years, or just keep it and hope it will start rotating again. What can be causing this problem, and would having it repaired cost as much as buying a new one ? Any replies would be appreciated.

Didn't realise it was two years ago, but I remember the topic. Personally, and bearing in mind its age, I would replace it. As said in that previous topic, the seals &c. may not be 100%, and if the turntable is playing up again, there could be other bits failing. I usually replace mine every five or six years as the technology improves, although my last Panasonic survived for nearly eight, until the turntable spindle broke - somehow.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Didn't realise it was two years ago, but I remember the topic. Personally, and bearing in mind its age, I would replace it. As said in that previous topic, the seals &c. may not be 100%, and if the turntable is playing up again, there could be other bits failing. I usually replace mine every five or six years as the technology improves, although my last Panasonic survived for nearly eight, until the turntable spindle broke - somehow.

Thank you for your advice. Think I will buy a new one as will probably cost me as much to have it repaired.

• Like 1