Is It True You Need A Smart Phone To Go To The City Hall ?

I think quite a few places are wary of taking very large amounts in cash now  in case it’s connected with money laundering .

On 21/07/2022 at 02:04, LovePotion said:

Yes. I don't want a cashless society. BTW, some drips pay for something as small as a pint of milk with a card instead of handing over cash. What do you think of that?

I can only imagine that people who buy really small stuff on a card never check their bank statements. 

I have always checked mine and I do not want it full of crappy little transactions that mean it takes a lot longer to find anything.

Unless I am really short of cash I never pay for anything under £10 by card.

Yes. I don't want a cashless society. BTW, some drips pay for something as small as a pint of milk with a card instead of handing over cash. What do you think of that?

no issue with that, Home Bargains in Hillsborough never seemed to have change, i know they prefer people using cards.

not sure why you think people are drips for doing so, are you some kind of social kingpin on here or just another 4 star general who talks other down thinking it'll make you look big?

Honestly, Cashless is the best way to go, imagine the reduction in pollution from not printing and pressing the notes and coins alone, then shipping them to all the banks throughout the country, oh and getting the old money back and 'incinerating' old notes, or melting down the coins... causing more pollution...

Then there's all the other things surrounding physical money, such as hygiene, and 'other uses' people have for notes,  oh yeah, and forgery...

Also less chance of money being physically stolen or lost....

Society will go cashless, and it can't happen fast enough imho....

*edit* oh, there's also the 'ease of use' factor, not everyone lives close to a cash machine or carries cash on them at all times, easier just to use your card or phone as you usually have at least one of them on you.. plus, you don't have to deal with change, or 1p, 2p, 5p coins etc...

Edited by Ghozer

17 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Honestly, Cashless is the best way to go, imagine the reduction in pollution from not printing and pressing the notes and coins alone, then shipping them to all the banks throughout the country, oh and getting the old money back and 'incinerating' old notes, or melting down the coins... causing more pollution...

Then there's all the other things surrounding physical money, such as hygiene, and 'other uses' people have for notes,  oh yeah, and forgery...

Also less chance of money being physically stolen or lost....

Society will go cashless, and it can't happen fast enough imho....

*edit* oh, there's also the 'ease of use' factor, not everyone lives close to a cash machine or carries cash on them at all times, easier just to use your card or phone as you usually have at least one of them on you.. plus, you don't have to deal with change, or 1p, 2p, 5p coins etc...

I fully agree with all you've said, but...

There's still a large part of society that were brought up with cash, always used cash, and still want to use it. I think we will go cashless fairly soon, soon being years. I don't have a clue how many years. There are still cheques! I got one from a car tax refund...I thought "what is this strange beast?" Then I found out my mobile bank app lets me take a picture of it, then puts the money in my account. It must be decades since I had a chequebook. Another payment method that may go.

I keep a bit of cash on me at all times and was just thinking when I use it. I could only think of two places, when I have my hair cut, and when I have the car washed. Other than that, it's card payments.

Guest makapaka
21 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

We need to keep using cash for every purchase. We need to shun businesses that don't accept cash and tell them that we are shunning them because they don't take cash. I reccomend the Keep Cash UK group on Facebook. There is a growing number of people wanting to protect the right to pay with cash. 

Small businesses also prefer cash, as everytime a card is used,the business is charged a transaction fee.  Don't be lazy, use your ATM.  There are plenty of them around Sheffield. You wouldn't give someone an "I owe you" instead of a birthday present . Give actual money when you pay for things.

How about mind your own business?

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

Do you want to live in a tyranical country, where they can stop our access to money, track our every purchase and dictate what we do and when? Their motto is "you will own nothing and be happy".

You honestly believe you are making a stand against something by using cash? Fighting against some sort of tyranny? 

Plenty of businesses are card only, presumably because its more convenient for them. No cashing up at the end of each day, no taking that cash to the bank, no need for a float each day.

Edited by Bargepole23

3 hours ago, LovePotion said:

If you can't be bothered to cash up then a business/career in retail is not for you. 

The New World Order is what I fight against.

Take of the tin foil hat and come back into the real world. I use a mix of card/cash.  Cash machines are not always working and people often put those blockers on which are not always easy to spot. I don't know anybody who wants to go completely cashless. Cash has it's place and it's not going away anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I live in the real world, I can see what is happening. There are so many brainwashed sheep sleepwalking in to tryanny, it's disgraceful. People who buy train "tickets" with a mobile telephone (which slows down the ticket check as they conveniently forget to active it, whilst those of us with proper tickets are left waiting to show it, so that we can put it away safely). People wearing muzzles on their faces. People who pay for everything with their card. People who give in to companies' pressure to make everyone "download their app". People who can't be bothered to come in to work, so "work" from home. 

We have to fight for our freedoms. No, I will not accept a doctor appointment over the telephone, he can see me face to face. No, I will not pay you with a bank transfer, I will pay you with cash. No, I will not wear a muzzle over my face. No, I will not take your dangerous "vaccination". No, I will not stay at home, I was born with legs for a reason, to move around.

There's a load of brain-dead sheep who have wait until they get to the front of bus queue, then start rooting around for their cash/card/ticket while the rest of us get wet (if it's raining) . Activating a mobile train ticket takes seconds, and in any case I've not (on my numerous train  journeys) seen this happen more than a couple of times.

57 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I live in the real world, I can see what is happening. There are so many brainwashed sheep sleepwalking in to tryanny, it's disgraceful. People who buy train "tickets" with a mobile telephone (which slows down the ticket check as they conveniently forget to active it, whilst those of us with proper tickets are left waiting to show it, so that we can put it away safely). People wearing muzzles on their faces. People who pay for everything with their card. People who give in to companies' pressure to make everyone "download their app". People who can't be bothered to come in to work, so "work" from home. 

We have to fight for our freedoms. No, I will not accept a doctor appointment over the telephone, he can see me face to face. No, I will not pay you with a bank transfer, I will pay you with cash. No, I will not wear a muzzle over my face. No, I will not take your dangerous "vaccination". No, I will not stay at home, I was born with legs for a reason, to move around.

Seems to me like the only person causing additional inconvenience and restricting your freedoms is yourself.

What a self entitled tool you are.

Oh I do hope the modern world keeps progressing at pace and you get even more  barriers and petty inconveniences to have to deal with. Perhaps then the message might finally sink in and you will embrace change.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1