Sign in to follow this  

What milk do you drink? Does anyone know which kind is better for you?

i drink yaks milk.

so i found this site

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/dietfitness.html?in_article_id=329013&in_page_id=1798

which says that the reason semi has a lower vit A content is because you remove the creamy part which contains the vit A. altho it dosent say the same for vit D i'm guessing its the same reason seen as they are both fat soluble. where as the calcium is in the watery part which you are leaving behind.

I don't think that this can explain why you would get Vitamin D in both types of whole milk. It would only explain differences between whole and skimmed, if there was such a difference. I think I will email the dairy and see what they say.

Who is yak?

And does he mind?

He is a small crab that lives on the underside of my conscience. He doesn't mind, he has plenty to spare.

i think its full-fat that i have, the blue topped one???? i LURRRVE it!!! wouldnt drink any other kind of milk, yukki!!

Semi-skimmed or skimmed in tea, skimmed on cereal. When we were kids we always had full fat but I always avoided the cream (yuk). Started using semi skimmed then gradually moved onto skimmed. If I'm out of skimmed I cant have any other on cereal even semi-skimmed and then when the cereal's gone I pour the milk that's left away. I compared the calcium content of both semi and skimmed milk and there was no difference.

I was brought up on a dairy farm and we used to drink the milk before it went to the dairy, non- pastuerised. To me full fat milk from the supermarket tastes like watered down milk!

However. living in the big city now! I am looking for a supplier of goats milk if anyone can help. My son is developing an eczma type rash and I know that goats milk is very good for eczma.

Does anyone know/ can point me in the direction of a good website, about the nutritional content of goats vs cows milk as he is still under two and obviously I don't want him to miss out on anything he should be getting from cows. (He was breast fed for his first year).

I used to drink full fat as a kid but now generally drink semi as it is lower in fat, you need that when you drink about 24 pints a week.