Who Do You Do

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Got to totally agree with you.  When Yarwood's show was going off after about an hour & he used to say "And this is me."  My old dad used to shout at the tv "When's the turn coming on. '. 😁 

Rory Bremner, John Culshaw, Jan Ravens, Phil Cornwell.  Try listening to "Dead Ringers" on Radio 4 next time it's on.  Or you could probably pick up an old show if you put the BBC Sounds app on you laptop, tablet, mobile. 

I think Culshaw is just abit better than Yarwood but Alister Magowan and Ronni Ancona were good.

Edited by PRESLEY

Does anyone remember The GREAT Stanley Baxter?

20 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Does anyone remember The GREAT Stanley Baxter?

I remember he always had a Christmas Special but I don't think I ever watched one.

I wonder why impressionists went out of fashion ? We never see any shows with them on now do we ?

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I wonder why impressionists went out of fashion ? We never see any shows with them on now do we ?

Probably due to a lack of anyone current that’s interesting enough to do impressions of!

Edited by nikki-red

On 08/07/2022 at 15:12, Baron99 said:

...Rory Bremner, John Culshaw, Jan Ravens, Phil Cornwell.  Try listening to "Dead Ringers" on Radio 4 next time it's on.  Or you could probably pick up an old show if you put the BBC Sounds app on you laptop, tablet, mobile. 

Two of my favourite radio shows: 'Dead Ringers' and 'The Secret World'. Good impressionists continue to thrive on the radio.

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Probably due to a lack of anyone current that’s interesting enough to do impressions of!

Very true.