Happy Independence Day!

To our diminishing number of American members, and all you British Expats - Happy Independence Day!

Testing times, to be sure, but USA, you've got this. 

Happy Days ..............🙂

Happy Independence Day American friends.

Keep that flag flying but stay on the same side.

🇺🇸  

We need you more than ever since Brexit. 😃 

Happy Independence Day from the UK (some people say we are your 51st state, I’m not sure if that is good are bad) to all the American people who follow the Sheffield Forum.

God bless America and all of that sort of thing.

Happy Independence Day to all Americans.

Especially Donald Trump 

🇺🇸 🇺🇲 🇺🇸 🇺🇲 🇺🇸 🇺🇲 

5 minutes ago, prince al said:

Errrr. I think we lost that one?

The Americans had help and I recall being told (a long time ago) that the British Empire more or less gave up the colony to concentrate on other parts of the empire. America wasn't worth much then apparently. 

But hey, win or lose at least we got to burn down the white house...😁

Edited by The_DADDY

Thank you Phan, my old friend! You always remember to wish us a happy fourth.  Not too many of us Yanks around any more. Which is kind of a shame, but nothing stays the same. 

Our day was quiet, we visited family,  went out to eat  here , so named because it's at the confluence of the Tuolumne and Stanislaus rivers (and if you are ever in this area, stop and eat here!) Doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is great.

When it got dark, we watched the fireworks.  My husband's niece was visiting from the other side of the country and it was so very nice to see her and her husband.  And she's HAVING A BABY!  Everyone is so happy for them, but she lives so far away.  😭

Times are crazy and some people seem to have lost their everlovin' minds.  But you Sheffield folk are lovely and thank you for your kind wishes. 😊

On 04/07/2022 at 15:19, Phanerothyme said:

To our diminishing number of American members, and all you British Expats - Happy Independence Day!

Testing times, to be sure, but USA, you've got this. 

«  you’ve got this » ! Oh dear

16 hours ago, Sierra said:

Thank you Phan, my old friend! You always remember to wish us a happy fourth.  Not too many of us Yanks around any more. Which is kind of a shame, but nothing stays the same. 

Our day was quiet, we visited family,  went out to eat  here , so named because it's at the confluence of the Tuolumne and Stanislaus rivers (and if you are ever in this area, stop and eat here!) Doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is great.

When it got dark, we watched the fireworks.  My husband's niece was visiting from the other side of the country and it was so very nice to see her and her husband.  And she's HAVING A BABY!  Everyone is so happy for them, but she lives so far away.  😭

Times are crazy and some people seem to have lost their everlovin' minds.  But you Sheffield folk are lovely and thank you for your kind wishes. 😊

Glad you and your family had a great day🙂

On 07/07/2022 at 03:57, Sierra said:

Great to hear from you Sierra! I had hoped you'd see this :)

And chuffed to hear you enjoyed your 4th of July celebrations. Modesto is dear to my heart as the HQ of the Universal Life Church, which ordained me into the priesthood in 1996 on the early internet (they also sell PhDs!) . And yay for babies in the family that's lovely news.

I look in here now and again, delighted that you still do too!

One day I will make it to your amazing country, and I will look you up! Kids are 21 and 16 now, so counting the days, and the grey hairs.

Yeah - people have lost their everlovin' minds over here too, but all things must pass.  Have yourselves a fantastic year - until next time :) :)