Severe Mouse Infestation

as above, have been plagued by them for years, but recently thought they had gone for summer,  hadn't seen any near cooking/food areas, but just looked in Kitchen French Dresser, and there are droppings everywhere, they have eaten into the grains that were there, (I didn't put them there, must have been one of the carers.) I checked the unit last week, and was clear so its more than one mouse . I have (finally) put poison sachets down quite near the unit and they have ignored them, yet chewed open the grains. I don't know what to do next, the reviews for the poison says some have opened them but have head aches, etc, I am immune compromised and am getting bit overwhelmed tbh.

i have had council out before and all they did was put the same poison out, mice are endemic in our bloc and don't want it condemned, etc.

Edited by gamezone07

Don't put poison down as you will probably have more success with normal traps loaded with a bit of a mars bar or topic, believe me when I say they love chocolate.

Are severe mice  worse than normal mice ?

18 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Don't put poison down as you will probably have more success with normal traps loaded with a bit of a mars bar or topic, believe me when I say they love chocolate.

Already put poison, had Big Cheese traps down, caught little baby mouse(not savvy yet)L and no others

2 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

Already put poison, had Big Cheese traps down, caught little baby mouse(not savvy yet)L and no others

Mice prefer chocolate to cheese, the type of bait is important.

9 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Mice prefer chocolate to cheese, the type of bait is important.

They love After 8 mints or Matchmakers 

Guest sibon
Just now, MJ01 said:

They love After 8 mints or Matchmakers 

And peanut butter

get a cat they will soon go trust me

If you don't want a cat long term, offer to look after someone elses cat while they are on holiday. Should sort it.

15 hours ago, cressida said:

Get a cat

Some cats aren’t bothered.

Get/borrow a terrier. Patterdale or the like, not a Yorkie. Besides eradication, should also find and point you at where the mice are coming in, then you can take appropriate closing/sealing action.

Edited by L00b

Pest-Stop Sure-Set plastic mouse traps work very well. I used a non-crumbly cheese eg Red Leicester securely wedged into the bait receptacle. 

Had no success with peanut butter or chocolate.

Edited by sovrappeso