Where Were You?

.......for the moon landing? As an 11 year old I was at Bents Green school watching it on the school telly, a great big metal contraption on long legs with a surprisingly small b&w screen. Also remember seeing the 'moon rocks' at Abbeydale industrial hamlet.

1 hour ago, mike-s said:

.......for the moon landing? As an 11 year old I was at Bents Green school watching it on the school telly, a great big metal contraption on long legs with a surprisingly small b&w screen. Also remember seeing the 'moon rocks' at Abbeydale industrial hamlet.

I thought the moon landing happened around  11-12 pm UK time.

I was at Silverdale, similar thing, everyone in the school hall watching a 20" black and white telly!

I remember going to see either moon rocks or a capsule at Weston Park museum, but not sure if it was connected with Apollo 11.

You are right if did happen overnight, but it was repeated several times during the day I think, I know we watched it in the morning.

On 03/07/2022 at 17:22, St Petre said:

I thought the moon landing happened around  11-12 pm UK time.

It would have been a recording on schools TV.

Can't remember where I was but remember singing .....Catch a falling Sputnik put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day.

My wife was  working in the Intensive Care Unit at Northern General. One of the patients came out of sedation & she told him that men  had landed on the moon - he said don't be so silly !!!   I was in London on business & saw it in a tv shop window.

A Google search says the landing was at 20.17 GMT, and Armstrongs moon walk was at 2.56 GMT.

I remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch it.

I was 8 months old 😂, ill have to ask my mum ;)