Sign in to follow this  

Travelling Alone To Ireland

So I am looking to travel to Ireland to visit a sick family member,

Iv never travelled alone before,I'm going to book a flight from Manchester to cork unsure whether to have one night over there or two,

Any advise re taxis,hotels etc,do's and don't 's

Thanks

I've no idea about traveling to Ireland but I do hope your relative gets well soon.

Yes. Dont go from Manchester.

Passport- most airlines require a passport for their security purposes even though as a UK resident does not need a passport in Ireland.

Euros- before you go. There is a a scam where the Irish are very willing to exchange a Pound for a Euro, you lose out.

If you smoke buy before you go or use the duty free at Manchester.

Make use of the duty free allowance (There are new rules since Brexit) on your return:

Alcohol: 42 litres of beer, 18 litres of still wine, 4 litres of spirits or 9 litres of sparkling wine, fortified wine or any alcoholic beverage less than 22% ABV.

Tobacco: 200 Cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g tobacco or 200 sticks of tobacco for heating or any proportional combination of the above.

Manchester has a number of daily flights to Ireland and I have never had a problem. There is a regular bus from the airport to Cork centre.

Use Trivago etc to book yourself a hotel in the centre.

One night is never enough anywhere.

14 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

There is a a scam where the Irish are very willing to exchange a Pound for a Euro, you lose out.

Always check your change.

And then check it again.

...... To be sure. To be sure.