Employee Of The Year Andy M

8 hours ago, Jomie said:

The tide is beginning to turn - A win for free speech and sex-based rights.  Employers had better take note, particularly the Stonewalled ones - What does the Forstater judgment mean for employers?

The problem is not is much the law, but politically correct opinion. Implying everyone thinks like they do in their woke obsessed mind frame and if they don't they are the epitome of evil. The Beeb are the worst for that, for two days now their lead "MUST SEE" item is some boy going to his prom in "sequined tuxedo and ballgown skirt". He was, apparently, an inspiration.

I hope he's happy but I would hope he doesn't inspire my lad to follow his example. I cannot help thinking most parents, particularly those who want grandkids, secretly think the same way, but would not even consider saying so for fear of attracting loads of woke keyboard warriors.

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The problem is not is much the law, but politically correct opinion. Implying everyone thinks like they do in their woke obsessed mind frame and if they don't they are the epitome of evil. The Beeb are the worst for that, for two days now their lead item, "MUST SEE" is some boy going to his prom in "sequined tuxedo and ballgown skirt". He was, apparently, an inspiration.

Really ? I hope he's happy, but I would hope he doesn't inspire my lad to follow his example. I cannot help thinking most parents, particularly those who want grandkids, secretly think the same way, but would even consider saying so for fear of attracting loads of woke keyboard warriors.

BBC is generally the news channel I use , Ive never seen this "must see"  lead item  :huh:

Wish we could go back to the 70s , things were simpler then 

19 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Wish we could go back to the 70s , things were simpler then 

They absolutely were, and, ironically, more free as well......

44 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

They absolutely were, and, ironically, more free as well......

The 70s were great. Obviously some things are better now but on the whole if I had the opportunity to go back to the 70s I'd do that in a hearbeat.

22 hours ago, Chekhov said:

The problem is not is much the law, but politically correct opinion. Implying everyone thinks like they do in their woke obsessed mind frame and if they don't they are the epitome of evil. The Beeb are the worst for that, for two days now their lead "MUST SEE" item is some boy going to his prom in "sequined tuxedo and ballgown skirt". He was, apparently, an inspiration.

I hope he's happy but I would hope he doesn't inspire my lad to follow his example. I cannot help thinking most parents, particularly those who want grandkids, secretly think the same way, but would not even consider saying so for fear of attracting loads of woke keyboard warriors.

Still not seen this "must see " lead item on the news , can you point me to it ?

46 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I was questioning Chekovs claim that it was the lead item on the BBC news 

Ah, my bad. Again...

I seem to be making a lot of silly mistakes recently. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

55 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Its curious how many on the radical left seek to do away with femininity, in the traditional sense, for women and girls, yet when a man/boy feels he wants to be a  girl/woman, and expresses this with outward displays of traditional femininity, such as nail varnish, make up, sequined gowns, etc, the radical leftists are all like "yeah you go girl!"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Its curious how many on the radical left seek to do away with femininity, in the traditional sense, for women and girls, yet when a man/boy feels he wants to be a  girl/woman, and expresses this with outward displays of traditional femininity, such as nail varnish, make up, sequined gowns, etc, the radical leftists are all like "yeah you go girl!"

I agree. It's bizarre. It's like there is a war on biological women.