Employee Of The Year Andy M

Guest makapaka
18 minutes ago, sibon said:

You are all being played by the Tory media. 

Argue all you like about pronouns, there is far more important stuff being slipped through. For example, try shouting through a trumpet outside parliament. See where that gets you.

But… Sharon has a badge that says she/her on it … rage … rage.

I agree.

33 minutes ago, sibon said:

You are all being played by the Tory media. 

Argue all you like about pronouns, there is far more important stuff being slipped through. For example, try shouting through a trumpet outside parliament. See where that gets you.

But… Sharon has a badge that says she/her on it … rage … rage.

I would suggest that people are far more being played by very very clever people in the Halifax Marketing Team.

Perfectly timed as part of the 50th pride celebrations, they conveniently bring in this change  (which would have been on the cards anyway), and now for whatever reason the name "Halifax" is out there for little to no investment advertorial space or televised commercial slots.

They just plant the seed knowing full well that the twitterati and hothead opinionators in certain newspapers will get all hysterical and drive traffic for them.

Worked like a charm.

Guest sibon
17 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I would suggest that people are far more being played by very very clever people in the Halifax Marketing Team.

Perfectly timed as part of the 50th pride celebrations, they conveniently bring in this change  (which would have been on the cards anyway), and now for whatever reason the name "Halifax" is out there for little to no investment advertorial space or televised commercial slots.

They just plant the seed knowing full well that the twitterati and hothead opinionators in certain newspapers will get all hysterical and drive traffic for them.

Worked like a charm.

The Halifax marketing team need a compliant media to get the story out. This isn’t a Twitterstorm, it is a full on Gammon Outrage sponsored by Ye Olde Daily Mail.

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

The Halifax marketing team need a compliant media to get the story out. This isn’t a Twitterstorm, it is a full on Gammon Outrage sponsored by Ye Olde Daily Mail.

Calling someone Gammon is so last year 

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I didn’t call anyone a gammon. You are more of a Melton Mowbray Pork Pie anyway, so don’t worry.

Crusty on the outside, tasty on the inside, but a bit too much jelly.

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

I didn’t call anyone a gammon. You are more of a Melton Mowbray Pork Pie anyway, so don’t worry.

Crusty on the outside, tasty on the inside, but a bit too much jelly.

Have less of the crusty please  😁

Edited by hackey lad

30 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It's a very useful indicator of someone's personality though.

17 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

We are a fickle bunch.

In the past couple of days we have had one story with the Daily Mail brigade outraged at British Airways because their booking system presumptively defaults the pronoun "Dr" to be a male passenger.....    We now have the same crowd pathetically kicking off with cries of 'wokey nonsense' simply because Halifax are  displaying pronouns onto name badges to stop gender assumptions or unconscious bias.  A basic courtesy to correctly identify someone and something that has been well established in correspondence and emails and social media for a while now.

It's a name badge. That's it. It's a bit of plastic worn by some bod processing your bank transaction.

It is not to be translated as some great cultural war. It is not to be translated as transgender being forced down our throats. It is not to be translated as some great degrading of society into some rainbow filled homoerotic invasion of people's lives.

Honest to god people.....  go for a walk, read a book, get a shag..... just get a life.

If someone is so thin skinned, insecure and pathetic to let such a trivial issue declare whether they want to continue banking with this company then quite frankly good riddance. If their time and effort is so worthless to go through the rigmarole of changing a bank for such a pathetic reason then so be it. Personally I value my time much more.

can anyone explain why for hundreds of years we managed to get along without all this pronoun crap?? and now because there is a new fashion, attention seeking trendies need to have something else to wave their flag with??? get a life mr , mrs, miss, master!!!!

There wasn't much to talk about really because according to the article, Halifax stated that the use of the pronoun badge was optional. The real trouble started with the dismissive tone of AndyM.  Aside from people being heartily sick of gender woo, nobody likes being spoken to like this. It is dismissive and demeaning. It's doubtful that it was a publicity stunt because they have risked losing customers.  If this is another 'Ratner moment', it will be seen soon enough.  

35 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

can anyone explain why for hundreds of years we managed to get along without all this pronoun crap?? and now because there is a new fashion, attention seeking trendies need to have something else to wave their flag with??? get a life mr , mrs, miss, master!!!!

I don't look at it like that.

It's optional for staff to have their preferred pronoun on their work badge, and I doubt that had the Daily Mail not started wailing about it like it's the end of civilisation, no-one would've particularly bothered.

I don't get what's so difficult about putting yourself in someone else's shoes & acknowledging that their gender isn't what you thought it was.

If all your life someone referred to you as a she, when you know yourself to be a he a) you'd get mighty peed off and b) you'd want to say "no I'm a male, refer to me as such". It's just being respectful of the other person.

Years ago I worked as an assistant in a care home for the elderly, and when getting to know a new resident, we'd ask them how they like to be addressed "is it Mr Smith, or would you prefer to use your christian name". It's just basic manners.

Guest makapaka
20 minutes ago, Mister M said:

is it Mr Smith, or would you prefer to use your christian name". It's just basic manners.

HE/SHE HIM/HER HIS/HER HIS/HERS HIMSELF/HERSELF
zie zim zir zis zieself
sie sie hir hirs hirself
ey em eir eirs eirself
ve ver vis vers verself
tey ter tem ters terself
e em eir eirs emself

you forgot to check for these - hope you didn’t offend him / her / Zie / zim etc 

a nonsense. 

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

Well, we all have to put up with reading  the  reactionary gonads that you inflict upon us.

It seems only fair that you repay that by calling Gemma  “they”, if that is what Gemma wants.