Employee Of The Year Andy M

Oh my God this is disgusting. 

It's political correctness gone mad.

Mad I tell ya!

Guest sibon
38 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I have no problem addressing people by their preferred pronoun either,  but my life is getting mighty complicated these days. It would be nice just to get phone calls answered, or calls returned when they say they will -  politeness works both ways.... 

Absolutely correct.

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I've just been giving a bit of thought to this!

Now I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories...
... but I don't suppose this 'Andy M' could be that wee Scottish tennis laddie, Andy Murray? :suspect:

His mind was clearly on other things yesterday as he lost in the second round at Wimbledon.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61976048

Some of you may be asking, why do I think a Scottish tennis player approaching the end of his career would be instigating a situation where hundreds (if not thousands) of people are allegedly removing their money from a Yorkshire bank? (yeah, I know it's owned by Lloyds mega bank, but stick with it!).

Well, all those people are going to want to put their money in another bank, right? :nod:

And the Royal Bank of Scotland (part of NatWest mega bank) could well be one of those other banks to benefit...
... which would see more money taken out of Yorkshire and being invested across the border in Edinburgh, where the bank's HQ is. :(

Now, it's also recently come to light (to me anyway, although the report is a year old) that Mr Murray is strongly in favour of Scottish independence...
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1466227/andy-murray-news-scottish-independence-tennis-olympic-games-tokyo-2020-spt

... so maybe he's looking to promote a political career once his tennis playing days are over?

It would be a major coup for any future politician if someone was able to get people to voluntarily invest their money in the Scottish economy prior to any possible future referendum...
... don't you think?

BTW: Just to clear up any possible confusion, I don't believe a word of it! :hihi:

please dont think...its bad for you....and us

Do people understand that Ms is a contraction of the word "Mistress".

Maybe we should start referring to people who use MS as Mistress...

I am sure they will take the wrong connotations from that word!

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

No you wouldn’t - it’s just virtue signalling nonsense by Halifax - who couldn’t care less about what you call “Gemma”.

And baiting - by the daily mail - of people who think the gender pro noun thing is a nonsense.

Dunt happen very often but I agree with you :thumbsup:

Guest makapaka
21 hours ago, Mister M said:

All Halifax are doing is allowing staff the option of having their pronouns on their badges, just so that customers know which pronoun to use when referring to one of its employees. 

Partly consciously, and probably partly sub-consciously - I just ignore all this nonsense.

bar a couple of instances where I’ve seen some attention seeker with a badge on saying “they / them” i don’t think I’ve ever encountered this as an issue - it just seems to be something people like to put in their Twitter bio and now everyone has to put up with waffle being written about it every other day.

15 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Partly consciously, and probably partly sub-consciously - I just ignore all this nonsense.

bar a couple of instances where I’ve seen some attention seeker with a badge on saying “they / them” i don’t think I’ve ever encountered this as an issue - it just seems to be something people like to put in their Twitter bio and now everyone has to put up with waffle being written about it every other day.

Generally I just do the end of your second line.

Until I need to address somebody then I'd try and respect them and address them as they wish

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Generally I just do the end of your second line.

Until I need to address somebody then I'd try and respect them and address them as they wish

It’s just been hijacked as a principle.

if I was working with a man who dressed as a woman and wanted to be referred to as she and her rather than he and him I would do that no problem.

if they wanted to be referred to as they / them, X/Y whatever else - I probably just wouldn’t bother talking to them in the first place.

25 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

May be an image of 3 people and text that says "Let's etswbal see what the gammon rage ball has in store today Pronouns badges badges on 0000 LOWSHIP MEMES Waaaaaaaaah!"

Gas lighting at its finest.  It's the wokey left that are making a thing of pronouns which makes it fair game to rebuffed by the rest of us.

45 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Gas lighting at its finest.  It's the wokey left that are making a thing of pronouns which makes it fair game to rebuffed by the rest of us.

We are a fickle bunch.

In the past couple of days we have had one story with the Daily Mail brigade outraged at British Airways because their booking system presumptively defaults the pronoun "Dr" to be a male passenger.....    We now have the same crowd pathetically kicking off with cries of 'wokey nonsense' simply because Halifax are  displaying pronouns onto name badges to stop gender assumptions or unconscious bias.  A basic courtesy to correctly identify someone and something that has been well established in correspondence and emails and social media for a while now.

It's a name badge. That's it. It's a bit of plastic worn by some bod processing your bank transaction.

It is not to be translated as some great cultural war. It is not to be translated as transgender being forced down our throats. It is not to be translated as some great degrading of society into some rainbow filled homoerotic invasion of people's lives.

Honest to god people.....  go for a walk, read a book, get a shag..... just get a life.

If someone is so thin skinned, insecure and pathetic to let such a trivial issue declare whether they want to continue banking with this company then quite frankly good riddance. If their time and effort is so worthless to go through the rigmarole of changing a bank for such a pathetic reason then so be it. Personally I value my time much more.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, dan_999uk said:

May be an image of 3 people and text that says "Let's etswbal see what the gammon rage ball has in store today Pronouns badges badges on 0000 LOWSHIP MEMES Waaaaaaaaah!"

Feeding  the monster constantly - you’re a gammon! you’re a wokey lefty!

So tiresome.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Feeding  the monster constantly - you’re a gammon! you’re a wokey lefty!

So tiresome.

You are all being played by the Tory media. 

Argue all you like about pronouns, there is far more important stuff being slipped through. For example, try shouting through a trumpet outside parliament. See where that gets you.

But… Sharon has a badge that says she/her on it … rage … rage.