Hit By Car - Thank You To Everyone Who Helped

I was hit by a car (it drove straight through a give way) two days ago, I'd like to say a big thank you to all who turned up and helped. I didn't get any names at the time but there was a fire crew, a couple of off-duty paramedics, a police officer and some unnamed members of the public. 

To the young lady with glasses - thank you for stopping to help, a few people had already walked past just staring, Thank you for having the mindfulness to gather details (and my belongings from the road).

To Chris and partner and the fire crew - thank you for stopping and helping, to have emergency services attend (purely as a coincidence) was reassuring  and helped greatly

There was a young chap in a dark car who helped to block off traffic with his car, and also there was an off duty GP - thank you and thanks for staying with me all that time

Finally thanks to the police officer who turned up, the impatient traffic were trying to push through and I don't know how he kept his cool!

If you were one of these people and you read this, please say hi and take credit where it's due. If anyone knows who the young lady with glasses was, please let me know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, G-tech said:

I was hit by a car (it drove straight through a give way) two days ago, I'd like to say a big thank you to all who turned up and helped. I didn't get any names at the time but there was a fire crew, a couple of off-duty paramedics, a police officer and some unnamed members of the public. 

To the young lady with glasses - thank you for stopping to help, a few people had already walked past just staring, Thank you for having the mindfulness to gather details (and my belongings from the road).

To Chris and partner and the fire crew - thank you for stopping and helping, to have emergency services attend (purely as a coincidence) was reassuring  and helped greatly

There was a young chap in a dark car who helped to block off traffic with his car, and also there was an off duty GP - thank you and thanks for staying with me all that time

Finally thanks to the police officer who turned up, the impatient traffic were trying to push through and I don't know how he kept his cool!

If you were one of these people and you read this, please say hi and take credit where it's due. If anyone knows who the young lady with glasses was, please let me know.

Unfortunately the world has largely become "me, me, me". 

I was once on a bus and came across a ped vs car hit & run. With the casualty still in the road the bus driver positioned the bus to block the road entirely whilst the ambulance crew worked on the victim as people, like in your instance were trying to drive through the scene. The driver was later commended by YAS & his managers. 

• Like 2