Do Shop Bought Rat Poisons Work?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I was joking (......! ), cats might do the trick, but it's  a shop.

A shop! Thats not a problem, just pay them the same hourly rate as the other members of staff. :hihi:

18 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Guns, dogs, electric fences, where do you live, San Quentin. :hihi:

Close.

Canklow 😪

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

You will need the Pied Piper of Hamlin by the time that lazy lot decide to turn up for the first visit.  :roll:

If it's of any help, I've got a flute he can borrow.

A good old fashioned rat trap baited with chocolate,  you'll catch one every night.

6 minutes ago, zaci said:

A good old fashioned rat trap baited with chocolate,  you'll catch one every night.

I don't like the buggars, but I'm not sure I could come in to find a dead rat in the trap, even worse if it was only injured.

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I don't like the buggars, but I'm not sure I could come in to find a dead rat in the trap, even worse if it was only injured.

You could always throw it in front of a speeding Audi 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You could always throw it in front of a speeding Audi 

I don't think the car would have to be speeding to kill a rat, not by running over it anyway.....

Edited by Chekhov

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Yeah that's not pleasant especially when they are still alive but Injured.

I once got a rat with my air rifle but it wasn't a clean kill. The screaming was horrible so I decided to stop shooting them and find another method.

We had a problem with a rat getting into our loft

I got a pest controller in who told me that was only two ways a rat could get into your premises.

1 Was through something like a broken air vent or cracked brickwork so have a good look round the base of your premises.

2 The rats could gain access to your premises through broken or cracked drains so a drain survey might be a good idea but the broken drain maybe  your neighbours and that still allows them access. The pest controllers are licensed to use more potent poisons. As already stated on this thread clear away any food that the rat may eat.

The rats will be wary of bait stations and our pest controller did not use them he just put the poison in a tray, the poison is cumulative so they will probably die wherever they nest. Hope this is of some help.

I recall Fargate House having an infestation via the air vents back in the 60’s, it’s now apartments and on sale for circa £6million, so must be OK now.

Don't tell anybody of this method !!

My son had rats in the loft

I ran 2 bare copper wires round the edge of the loft, threaded them around insulated hooks.

One connected to the live, the other to earth

The little varmints never returned !

5 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Don't tell anybody of this method !!

My son had rats in the loft

I ran 2 bare copper wires round the edge of the loft, threaded them around insulated hooks.

One connected to the live, the other to earth

The little varmints never returned !

I had an invasion of Italian Mice 🐭 🐭 🐭  (not rats) that took up residence in the cellar of "Padders Bar" in 2020.

They had come over to support Italy in the Euro's 2020.

All my Cheesy puffs were devoured, they eventually left when Italy beat England to win the competition.