Jump to content

She Who Can Not Be Named.

Recommended Posts

I'm talking about J.K. Rowling.

 

There is a PR attempt to separate J.K. Rowling from the Harry Potter franchise, even the actors have been instructed to not utter her name in interviews.  This is all because she has voiced her concerns about some aspects of trans activism and it's agenda. Sharon Davies, the former athlete is suffering in a similar way for the same reasons.

 

Isn't it sad that these two great women that have both excelled in their chosen fields and are an inspiration to  women and girls, have been decanted from public life because they have expressed an opinion?

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=jk+rowling&rlz=1C1CHZN_enGB989GB989&sxsrf=ALiCzsZpmJohsetHlT2ChC3OvYrJkJh7BQ:1656446359831&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6r_fG99D4AhWIXsAKHV3kDAcQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1366&bih=625&dpr=1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm talking about J.K. Rowling.

 

There is a PR attempt to separate J.K. Rowling from the Harry Potter franchise, even the actors have been instructed to not utter her name in interviews.  This is all because she has voiced her concerns about some aspects of trans activism and it's agenda. Sharon Davies, the former athlete is suffering in a similar way for the same reasons.

 

Isn't it sad that these two great women that have both excelled in their chosen fields and are an inspiration to  women and girls, have been decanted from public life because they have expressed an opinion?

 

It is incredibly sad.

 

I know that the issues are difficult, intractable almost, but the way that debate about trans people has been polarised is distinctly unhelpful.

 

Its an issue that is virtually impossible to debate in any kind of sensible manner. People on all sides of the debate shut each other down, hurl insults and refuse to engage.

 

Rowling is brave for speaking out so frequently. I’m not convinced that she is 100% correct, but it would be good if her views sparked constructive debate rather than hatred, threats and insults.

Edited by sibon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm talking about J.K. Rowling.

 

There is a PR attempt to separate J.K. Rowling from the Harry Potter franchise, even the actors have been instructed to not utter her name in interviews.  This is all because she has voiced her concerns about some aspects of trans activism and it's agenda. Sharon Davies, the former athlete is suffering in a similar way for the same reasons.

 

Isn't it sad that these two great women that have both excelled in their chosen fields and are an inspiration to  women and girls, have been decanted from public life because they have expressed an opinion?

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=jk+rowling&rlz=1C1CHZN_enGB989GB989&sxsrf=ALiCzsZpmJohsetHlT2ChC3OvYrJkJh7BQ:1656446359831&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6r_fG99D4AhWIXsAKHV3kDAcQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1366&bih=625&dpr=1

It's all very depressing and rather sinister in my view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Absolutely disgraceful the way those who became rich and famous on the back of the success of the books and films wrote and inspired by JK Rowling are turning their backs on the lady.  The funny looking bloke with the glasses who played the part of Harry Potter when he was kid is an absolute disgrace.

Edited by West 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps they've been advised not to talk about J.  K.  Rowling's opinions in case they are targeted by extremists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cressida said:

Perhaps they've been advised not to talk about J.  K.  Rowling's opinions in case they are targeted by extremists.

Even that is wrong . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a feeling that quite a few of those who've been slapping down homophobic bigots on here for many a long year are aghast that a previously lauded apparent lefty liberal like JK Rowling has taken the position she has.  I know I was.  I was considerably less so by the time that extreme right winger Guardian journalist Hadley Freeman came out in support.

 

For those who are still shouting 'terf!' at JKR, have a think about why the most unexpected of people - largely women, in my experience -  have taken a position that's contrary to your expectations.

 

Read this, by Hadley Freeman: Why I stopped being a good girl.

 

ETA: I assumed that everyone had read JKR's essay about sex and gender issues from two years ago.  But if not, here it is.

Edited by Hecate
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hecate said:

I have a feeling that quite a few of those who've been slapping down homophobic bigots on here for many a long year are aghast that a previously lauded apparent lefty liberal like JK Rowling has taken the position she has.  I know I was.  I was considerably less so by the time that extreme right winger Guardian journalist Hadley Freeman came out in support.

 

For those who are still shouting 'terf!' at JKR, have a think about why the most unexpected of people - largely women, in my experience -  have taken a position that's contrary to your expectations.

 

Read this, by Hadley Freeman: Why I stopped being a good girl.

 

ETA: I assumed that everyone had read JKR's essay about sex and gender issues from two years ago.  But if not, here it is.

Terf  ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

 

Isn't it sad that these two great women that have both excelled in their chosen fields and are an inspiration to  women and girls, have been decanted from public life because they have expressed an opinion?

The absolute madness of the views of men pretending to be women -  being given priority over the views of women.


nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The absolute madness of the views of men pretending to be women -  being given priority over the views of women.


nuts

Yes, some trans women still have those👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Terf  ? 

Trans exclusionary radical feminist, a term of abuse that people like the delightful Owen Jones disingenuously suggest should be used synonymously with 'transphobe' and now almost exclusively is. Most labelled as 'terfs' are as radical as a cup of coffee, but are critical or sceptical of gender identity ideology (essentially that being a woman or a man is a sense or feeling, thus excluding the material reality of sex), and who support sex-based rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sibon said:

It is incredibly sad.

 

I know that the issues are difficult, intractable almost, but the way that debate about trans people has been polarised is distinctly unhelpful.

 

Its an issue that is virtually impossible to debate in any kind of sensible manner. People on all sides of the debate shut each other down, hurl insults and refuse to engage.

 

Rowling is brave for speaking out so frequently. I’m not convinced that she is 100% correct, but it would be good if her views sparked constructive debate rather than hatred, threats and insults.

The bigger point of course is the almost universal condemnation in today's society, of those who's views differe from the WOKE dogma.

 

I'm not familiar with the women mentioned above, but I would lay odds, they voiced their opinions, without "hatred, threats and insults".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.