Wednesday Worst In Europe.

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

the longer we stay rooted in the 3rd Division the situation will get worse….

Trouble is, you can get in just as big a mess being rooted in the Championship.

SUFC might not be posting profits much longer if they stay put too. 

Thats the sad state of football outside the elite few 😔

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Don’t think any Wednesdayite is shocked or surprised at news of the financial mess we find ourselves in …& the longer we stay rooted in the 3rd Division the situation will get worse….

Has Chansiri learnt anything about his mistakes in the past that’s got the Club in this state ? …probably not ..& which potential new owner would find Wednesday an attractive proposition in its current guise …it’s all very depressing…the only hope is that DM can put together a squad to get us out of this horrible Pub League..

Getting out of that league is a minimum requirement.

You'll still get those clowns shouting his praises like he's done a great job at the club if you go up.

They soon forget where you were when he bought the club and where he's dragged you down to.

Edited by Alextopman

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Getting out of that league is a minimum requirement.

You'll still get those clowns shouting his praises like he's done a great job at the club if you go up.

They soon forget where you were when he bought the club and where he's dragged you down to.

I've only seen one person on here singing his praises, the rest of us have been very critical of him and know very well where the blame lies. He deserves all the criticism he gets but the one thing he can't be criticized for Is not putting money into the club.

I don't know about your owner but looking at it as an outsider I'd say you was better off with McCabe, the prince hasn't really done much to say wether he is a good or bad owner. 

23 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Have they paid back the fans , the money they were owed  due to lockdown  yet ?

Ahem 

Just now, NERVY-OWL said:

I've only seen one person on here singing his praises, the rest of us have been very critical of him and know very well where the blame lies. He deserves all the criticism he gets but the one thing he can't be criticized for Is not putting money into the club.

I don't know about your owner but looking at it as an outsider I'd say you was better off with McCabe, the prince hasn't really done much to say wether he is a good or bad owner. 

From what I have read he's taking  millions out of your club in yearly rents without actually investing the amount he claimed he sold it to himself for. Those payments take priority over all other commitments.

I could be wrong maybe someone can clear that up.

My opinion of our owners has already been posted.

DC failed at Swfc imo , But many fans won't agree with that 

I feel sorry for the fans as they give 100% home and away , 

The Dodgy companies and Elev8 , D-taxi really makes me question Chansiri business sense

Chucking money at a club is a gamble and clearly he had no back up plan if that failed , Will swfc ever reach the Premier Lge ?? Not under this owner 

58 minutes ago, barmyowls said:

DC failed at Swfc imo , But many fans won't agree with that 

I feel sorry for the fans as they give 100% home and away , 

The Dodgy companies and Elev8 , D-taxi really makes me question Chansiri business sense

Chucking money at a club is a gamble and clearly he had no back up plan if that failed , Will swfc ever reach the Premier Lge ?? Not under this owner 

I don't think any fan can disagree he's been a failure so far at the club. If he's learnt from his mistakes he still can make a success of it, of course we won't know if he has unless he gets us back into the championship.

the problem was simple.he tried to run it as a normal business,where you can put in as much of yourOWN CASH AS YOU WANT until you get it correct ,but the football league dont allow you to spend as you wish,they have stupid rules unlike any other business,i remember hearing a top business man state,he put millions into a famous online card company,it was failing,he decided to invest even more,it worked and he sold at a huge profit,but i am sure hes learnt that you have rules on spending,hes doing us fine now and hes apologised ,lets move on and get together and get promotion

Devise a plan around the income you have and stick to it as a principle, Brentfords highest paid player is reputedly on 25-29K a week, they play an attractive brand of expansive football when attacking and have some really good quality players and a productive youth system, and play in a modern stadium and employ a recruitment system thats the envy of many clubs and has served them well via an equally prudent transfer policy of buy low sell high but have a list of players ready to replace the outgoing ones, which was something DC said he would implement when he outlined his vision for the club going forward.

On 01/07/2022 at 08:56, NERVY-OWL said:

We were losing 500k when stadiums were closed. Until the accounts come out for when the fans have returned it's hard to judge how the club are doing but I'd hazard a guess the club won't be losing as much as that, how much is anyone's guess though.

Just goes to show the difference in a year or two in the Premier League makes.

In the time that the stadiums were closed, Sheffield United made (as per last published accounts) £183,920 profit per week (£9,563,866 over the FY). Even though matchday revenue for that year was only £57,609 (as opposed to £6,669,857 the previous year).

But when you strip the broadcasting revenue away.....well, that paints a different story.

Land of milk & honey indeed. 

I wouldn't expect either Sheffield club to be posting profits next time around.

Edited by PapaLazarou

Mmmmmm 

not sure about that 

United have the premier dosh and I don’t think  ramsdale fee was in last accounts?

Just now, Man in Crete said:

Mmmmmm 

not sure about that 

United have the premier dosh and I don’t think  ramsdale fee was in last accounts?

Thats a very good point.

The Ramsdale fee wasn't included. It was noted in the accounts, but only as a post balance sheet event.

So theres an additional £24m revenue to drop into the next accounts (not including add-ons, which probably wouldn't all come into fruition within 12 months of sale).