Excema On Scalp

Has anyone else had this problem. I suffer with excema but never in my scalp, now I do! 

How have people coped with it, what treatment helped. Any tips would be appreciated, thankyou 

I have eczema which flares up on my hands at particular times of the year, but I've never had it on my scalp. That must be so frustrating.

One resource which I found to be helpful is 

Symptom Checker, Health Information and Medicines Guide | Patient

If you type in eczema on scalp, there may be a forum support group amongst people affected by this, and will have suggestions of products that work for them. However, as you're probably aware from having eczema on other parts of your body, what works for one person might not work for the other, so it's a case of trial and error.

Some pharmacies have 'sample packs' of creams which is good so you can trial things without having to spend a lot of money on full treatments only to find they don't suit you.

Is it shampoos that you will be looking for?

Edited by Mister M

I use TCP and E45 cream on mine, it helps but doesn’t cure it.

Alphosyl  shampoo worked for me.  Doctor first prescribed it for me and thereafter I bought it from the chemist.  I didn't use any other shampoo for about 18 months.  That was about 30 years ago and the excema has never returned.