Sir Paul McCartney Please Retire !

2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The awkward thing for Paul McCartney in terms of his PR and legacy is that he has lived and grown old and been active throughout, which for many people has tainted him - "familiarity-breeds-contempt" and all that, whereas John Lennon and George Harrison, who had untimely deaths, have become deified due to  the fact they haven't been able to get on peoples nerves even if they were able to.

What a good post.! Never thought of it that way !

Either get up in the morning to live, or stay in bed and wait to die. My wife of 47 years is currently fighting for her life in the N/G, if she survives she will no doubt continue to make the pain in the arse of herself that we children of the 60’s appear to be so practiced at. 😇

31 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Either get up in the morning to live, or stay in bed and wait to die. My wife of 47 years is currently fighting for her life in the N/G, if she survives she will no doubt continue to make the pain in the arse of herself that we children of the 60’s appear to be so practiced at. 😇

Sorry to hear about your wife. I feel privileged to read your post.

54 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Best wishes to you and the wife Crookesey,

Having been there myself, I feel your pain.

On 26/06/2022 at 09:31, pattricia said:

He croaked his way through his songs last night at the festival. Can you please walk with Rod Stewart to the nursing home, but leave Sir Tom Jones and Sir Elton John  behind to sing to us ?

If he retires he’s only got a meagre pension to live on 

On 27/06/2022 at 12:15, fools said:

What a miserable thread.

Having a pop at an 80 year old banging out some of the best tunes ever written from the last 6 decades, in what sounded much like the original key, while you sit there with your feet up contributing nothing. He played 3 hrs, could have done 10, and you'd still know just about every song.

If it sounded crap to your ears, perhaps you need someone to look at the sound settings on your telly. It was fine

Compare it to the lip-syncing vocalists of today, who seem to record repetitive formulaic bland songs with a gobstopper in their mouth, which then get auto-tuned to death.

I agree, I thought he sounded fine.

14 hours ago, crookesey said:

Hope your wife wins her fight and us around to spend many more days with you.

15 hours ago, crookesey said:

Lets hope this is a fight she can win and get to enjoy some more years as that couple, best wishes and fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, foxydebs said:

I agree, I thought he sounded fine.

Hope your wife wins her fight and us around to spend many more days with you.

I only wonder what he would have been part of had his two mates lived.

Thanks for all the messages guys.

• Like 1

I didn't see Macca's performance live on Saturday as I was out, just watched it on Iplayer and can't understand the criticism at all, here we had one of the best composers of popular music at an advanced age banging out some of the best songs ever written for nigh on three hours, Something, Hey Jude, the duet with Springsteen and the closing medley from Abbey Road were spine tingling, his voice missed on a few occasions but in the main was great, if your slating this I'm sorry but your wrong.

• Like 1

Guest sibon
30 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I didn't see Macca's performance live on Saturday as I was out, just watched it on Iplayer and can't understand the criticism at all, here we had one of the best composers of popular music at an advanced age banging out some of the best songs ever written for nigh on three hours, Something, Hey Jude, the duet with Springsteen and the closing medley from Abbey Road were spine tingling, his voice missed on a few occasions but in the main was great, if your slating this I'm sorry but your wrong.

On 29/06/2022 at 23:43, top4718 said:

Lets hope this is a fight she can win and get to enjoy some more years as that couple, best wishes and fingers crossed.

Blimey. I’m with Tops on both of these things.

McCartney was great. I’m not a big Beatles fan, but that is some musical legacy.

@crookesey. All the best to you and your Mrs. Here’s hoping that she has many more years of being a pain in the arse. It’s the best way.

My wife smiled today and made a crap joke, well anything’s better than nothing. She’s still covered in what appear to be bruises, funny thing that, when I got back from the NGH yesterday I noticed a large ‘bruise’ like mark on my inside left elbow joint, I had done nothing more strenuous than a little light garden tidying. ???