Sir Paul McCartney Please Retire !

He croaked his way through his songs last night at the festival. Can you please walk with Rod Stewart to the nursing home, but leave Sir Tom Jones and Sir Elton John  behind to sing to us ?

He sang a lot of songs that I had never heard of. I think people would have preferred a shorter performance but with all The Beatles original songs.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Not seen the Glastonbury coverage. I remember he didn't perform well at the Olympic open ceremony ten years ago.

I can’t remember seeing that. What did he sing ?

17 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I can't remember every song he sung but remember Hey Jude wasn't good.  He was the only musician who was judged to have performed badly at the Olympics ceremony in London.

He sang Hey Jude last night. After many songs he looked tired and performed the song badly.

When he watches that back I think he’ll call it a day. The voice has gone and it won’t get any better.

21 hours ago, pattricia said:

He croaked his way through his songs last night at the festival. Can you please walk with Rod Stewart to the nursing home, but leave Sir Tom Jones and Sir Elton John  behind to sing to us ?

The only decent singer you’ve mentioned who’s voice has not changed over the years is Tom Jones, I’m afraid Paul McCartney, Elton John and Rod Stewart should have retired twenty years ago, we would all love to carry on but going on into their seventies is just silly.

Edited by lazarus

Its a shame we are left with complete crap like Tom Jones, Elton John, Paul McCartney and Garbage Cliff Richard, the best like,   John Lennon,  Roy Orbison,  Billy Fury,  Buddy Holly,  Matt Munroe,  Nat King Cole and the King, Elvis  have all sadly departed, lucky for the four crapens I mentioned because the four crapens would have been chucked on the scrap/crap heap years ago.   IMO, :roll:

51 minutes ago, prince al said:

Yesterday?

A Hard Day’s Night. It could be the night he called it a day.

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Yesterday?

McCartney should have retired before yesterday.  :roll:

Will Diana Ross save the day with her performance later today?

Paul McCartney,  never my favourite Beatle,  same with Ringo - George and John were better and more interesting.