How Are You Preparing For Future Price Hikes?

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

I blame Love Portion.

Love Portion,  its Love Potion, there you go again slipping Portions in where ever you can.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I doubt Sir Stuart Rose would have made the comment unless a significant number of customers have started to put a £30 limit on their shopping spend.

Remember when you went to the sweet shop as a kid, with 10p to spend. It's called having a budget.

Not the 9'oclock news did the petrol pump sketch 40 years ago.

It's allegorical newspaper filler.

Edited by fools

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I doubt Sir Stuart Rose would have made the comment unless a significant number of customers have started to put a £30 limit on their shopping spend.

Nonsense. It's a global problem.  A number of global factors are involved including the Russia and Ukrainian war which wasn't started by our government. 

Russia and Ukrane war!  A good excuse or cover up tactic whats the excuse for rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer every time this Goverment is in power over the years.

Expensive repairs to property are a problem, the trades won’t even come out to you if you expect to pay a fair price for the job. We recently had our annual MOT on our central heating system, two guys for circa three hours, lucky we have an annual contract.

43 minutes ago, West 77 said:

If you spend 100% of your earnings, price rises will mean you have to cut back.

Most people either save for a holiday or towards your pension, if you are still able to do both, times are not too bad.

First of all, there are 2 economies in the World.

One is the one discussed at length in the MSM, BBC Guardian ect.

It is the one that law abiding, hard working, tax paying folks are affected by.

The other is a massive dark economy, that runs below the radar, and provides income to criminals, corrupt countries, and offshore companies. Not to be mentioned in polite company. lest the great unwashed get restless!

They are mostly excempt from the inflationary burden the average worker faces. As are a good portion of "off the books" cash busineesses, Union Members and government employees, and politicians, who have job security, indexed wages and pensions, government bonus's, global bureaucrats,  and the follks who pay no taxes and can rely on their indexed benefits.

Many countries  countries engage in illegal sanction defying Fossil Fuel trade, by a unfathonable chain of shipping, and registration scams.

"The cost of living affects everybody", says the politicians, and the BBC talking heads.

Nope,  just the the poor hardworking slob that tries to lives by the rules, that the aforementioned lot make for him and her!

Lol

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, fools said:

The news game .. How many is many? One?

People have been putting a 'tenners' worth in the tank forever.

Are you one of those people who didn't believe food banks were  real? 

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Love Portion,  its Love Potion, there you go again slipping Portions in where ever you can.  :hihi:

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

First of all, there are 2 economies in the World.

One is the one discussed at length in the MSM, BBC Guardian ect.

It is the one that law abiding, hard working, tax paying folks are affected by.

The other is a massive dark economy, that runs below the radar, and provides income to criminals, corrupt countries, and offshore companies. Not to be mentioned in polite company. lest the great unwashed get restless!

They are mostly excempt from the inflationary burden the average worker faces. As are a good portion of "off the books" cash busineesses, Union Members and government employees, and politicians, who have job security, indexed wages and pensions, government bonus's, global bureaucrats,  and the follks who pay no taxes and can rely on their indexed benefits.

Many countries  countries engage in illegal sanction defying Fossil Fuel trade, by a unfathonable chain of shipping, and registration scams.

"The cost of living affects everybody", says the politicians, and the BBC talking heads.

Nope,  just the the poor hardworking slob that tries to lives by the rules, that the aforementioned lot make for him and her!

Lol

I would include a good many Oligarchs and super rich tax evaders in this group. And a good many who choose to be below the radar that we have no idea about. 

56 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Are you one of those people who didn't believe food banks were  real? 

A bizarre diversion. Has anyone said that.

That would be difficult, the 7 o'clock news features a report from one every few days, when they run out of ways to moan about Trump/Johnson. They rarely show people who appear to be lacking in the calorie department. Gotta fill those schedules.

Quite surprised anyone takes the £30 story seriously. Picking a contactless limit would have made more sense.

People spend what they have in their pocket and buy petrol in £10 multiples shocker. So perfectly normal, that a comedy show mocked it 40 years ago.

Edited by fools

8 hours ago, West 77 said:

The chairman of ASDA said they have many customers who have started putting a £30 maximum limit on their shop and leave any items on the counter after the total reaches £30.  The cost of living crisis is real and it's the small businesses that are suffering the most.  I've noticed it's even a lot quieter in Wetherspoons at the time I pop in for a pint.

Actually on Saturday the kids pestered me for a McDonalds; I braced myself for the usual long queues for the drive through which usually backs up onto Pennistone Road, but it was deserted when I got there.

20 hours ago, fools said:

A bizarre diversion. Has anyone said that.

That would be difficult, the 7 o'clock news features a report from one every few days, when they run out of ways to moan about Trump/Johnson. They rarely show people who appear to be lacking in the calorie department. Gotta fill those schedules.

Quite surprised anyone takes the £30 story seriously. Picking a contactless limit would have made more sense.

People spend what they have in their pocket and buy petrol in £10 multiples shocker. So perfectly normal, that a comedy show mocked it 40 years ago.

Yes, there were a few Tories on here denying food banks were a real thing, and in the media. Then they said that they were only used by freeloaders and workshy scumbags  who  wouldn't turn down a chance of free food, (that still pops up, dispite repeatedly being told that users have to be referred by another official party.) The fact that the number is growing surely shows more and more people, many of them working, are in poverty.

As for a £30 limit on food, I don't see whether someone pays with cash or card makes any difference, they're having to cut down, that's the point. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Edited by Anna B