How Are You Preparing For Future Price Hikes?

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

Do you really need a light on in the fridge ?

I've removed the bulb to save money.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Best chuckle of the day, Mr Padders! :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, fools said:

You are claiming the efficiency of electricity trumps the lower price of gas, it doesn't. Gas hob is a cheaper way to cook than an electric hob because electricity is 3.75 x the price of gas.

No, really no. Just re read the past posts as I have never said that so stop using straw man arguments. Just because gas is cheaper at the moment although it's rising quickly though, the efficiency of the appliance and how it is used also need to be taken into account.

9 hours ago, fools said:

If you find a hot water tank with perfect insulation, that may be of interest, until that day arrives, it's a diversion from the point.

But again I was not making that statement or assumption so it's just another straw man argument, and it was not an attempt at diversion. Your quip about the second law of thermodynamics however was.

9 hours ago, fools said:

45% currently, more when the wind drops.

Agreed it is very variable and changes a lot depending on consumption and weather conditions. 45% today maybe 10% tomorrow.

9 hours ago, fools said:

Misinformation doesn't help anyone.

I agree and neither does using strawman arguments to try and back up a previous claim.

9 hours ago, fools said:

Surprised the old chestnut about slow cookers using less energy than an electric bulb hasn't popped up yet.

It won't as that is not necessary to point out. Just do some research on how they work and why they are more efficient and use less energy to cook food and you will understand. Tip, its to do with them being better insulated, with a heavy lid thus keeping the heat in for longer. See, insulation does actually help after all!

8 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I worked out that if we changed to a combo boiler it would take about 10 years before we started saving money when taking into consideration the changeover costs.

I agree. As stated before on another thread the initial cost needs to be taken into account when changing over. If the boiler is basically at the end of its serviceable life then its best to change it.

Edited by Dromedary

3 hours ago, Dromedary said:

No, really no. Just re read the past posts

Quite clearly I have.

I'm off, can't be bothered with all the strawman nonsense.

1 minute ago, fools said:

Quite clearly I have.

I'm off, can't be bothered with all the strawman nonsense.

So you come on after a few hours, to tell us you’re off   😂

It's a strange "cost of living crisis" this, everywhere I go like Morrisons etc, is ram jam full of people shopping.

Off as in, not wasting time responding to strawman nonsense.

Edited by fools

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

It's a strange "cost of living crisis" this, everywhere I go like Morrisons etc, is ram jam full of people shopping.

Tru dat 

17 hours ago, Padders said:

Do you really need a light on in the fridge ?

I've removed the bulb to save money.

So that means Padders bar customers will be sat in the dark, I won't be, as I'm still barred. 😭

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The chairman of ASDA said they have many customers who have started putting a £30 maximum limit on their shop and leave any items on the counter after the total reaches £30.

The news game .. How many is many? One?

People have been putting a 'tenners' worth in the tank forever.

Edited by fools

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The chairman of ASDA said they have many customers who have started putting a £30 maximum limit on their shop and leave any items on the counter after the total reaches £30.  The cost of living crisis is real and it's the small businesses that are suffering the most.  I've noticed it's even a lot quieter in Wetherspoons at the time I pop in for a pint.

Your right, the cost of living crisis is real and its all this Goverments fault and its not new, its always the same tragic situation when this Goverment are in power. They are the Crisis behind the Crisis. 

12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

.  I've noticed it's even a lot quieter in Wetherspoons at the time I pop in for a pint.

I blame Love Portion.