How Are You Preparing For Future Price Hikes?

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Just read the thread title. I'm sure you'll get the gist 

I suppose that nearly 4000 posts in 14 months must make you the forum expert, of which I have an amusing definition, didn’t you bother to read my intended savings prior to climbing onto your high horse?

Just now, crookesey said:

I suppose that nearly 4000 posts in 14 months must make you the forum expert, of which I have an amusing definition, didn’t you bother to read my intended savings prior to climbing onto your high horse?

I'm not on my high horse.

Thats you. 

And no, I haven't read all your contributions I just answered your ridiculous and pointless question.

You know, the question that's already answered in the title 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not on my high horse.

Thats you. 

And no, I haven't read all your contributions I just answered your ridiculous and pointless question.

You know, the question that's already answered in the title 

Yet another ‘for the sake of it’ post.

And that includes mine, it won’t happen again.

Edited by crookesey

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Yet another ‘for the sake of it’ post.

And that includes mine, it won’t happen again.

Bye then 👋 

It's been lovely chatting with you.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

What’s that then?

If you seriously want to know, the energy price cap is going up 50% from October 1st.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

If you seriously want to know, the energy price cap is going up 50% from October 1st.

What do you intend to do to reduce it’s impact, other than turning things down or off, I don’t have an answer?

8 minutes ago, crookesey said:

What do you intend to do to reduce it’s impact, other than turning things down or off, I don’t have an answer?

Luckily I am on a fix until Feb and then the £400 credit we are all getting will soften the blow for a few months, so this winter should be ok, its the next I am worried about if things dont start going down.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, crookesey said:

You’ll be getting a fairly big pension increase because of the triple lock.  That should help.

Other than that, turn your thermostat down a bit. Turn off radiators in rooms you don’t use. More showers, fewer baths. Cook in batches and freeze.

That’s about it really. It is going to be difficult for some.

Also check the timers on your boilers, heaters etc etc.  Ours were on for needlessly too long so adjusted the time and now knocked a few units a day off the usage, so thats a saving I cant really repeat.

21 minutes ago, sibon said:

You’ll be getting a fairly big pension increase because of the triple lock.  That should help.

Other than that, turn your thermostat down a bit. Turn off radiators in rooms you don’t use. More showers, fewer baths. Cook in batches and 

I'd add Buying what you can in bulk for good savings. 

If possible buy an under freezer or small chest freezer then meat can be bought in bulk if people are able to. Every now and then supermarkets do decent deals on meat, try to make use of them whilst they last.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Also check the timers on your boilers, heaters etc etc.  Ours were on for needlessly too long so adjusted the time and now knocked a few units a day off the usage, so thats a saving I cant really repeat.

Do you really need a light on in the fridge ?

I've removed the bulb to save money.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Do you really need a light on in the fridge ?

I've removed the bulb to save money.

And the oven too?