R.I.P Harry Gration

17 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Looks like they told Amy Garcia during the weather. She was quite visibly distressed. It was very sad to see. She was upbeat throughout most of the show. 

Aye as I said in the other thread, she should never have been put in that position. All in attempt to rush it out before the end of the programme, she worked with him for years and she was clearly going to be in that state.

16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's her job to announce breaking news. The emotion shown is real life.

RIP Harry Gration

Its the death of a close mate, i dont think the normal rules apply. She should never have been in a position to rush the news out before the end of the programme. 

Like many I’m sure l, I met him for a few minutes a couple of times - and he always seemed to have time and a genuine interest in people. A touch of class that few have. 

I think we can all agree that the passing of Harry Gration MBE on the 24th of June is sad news....

I remember watching BBC Look North when I was a young lad in the eighties and started  watching it religiously in my twenties and always found that he delivered  the news with warmth up until his retirement in 2020...

Im sure he will be sadly missed by his viewers,friends and family.....

Edited by Box11
  • Confused 1

Lovely tribute to Harry on 'Look North' tonight.

An exellent presenter, reporter and interviewer, who has also raised a fortune for charities over the years. A consumate professional, but also an approachable 'everyman' so many people regarded as a good friend.

What a lovely man, he'll be so missed. 

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Harry.

Edited by Anna B