Mick Lynch Rmt

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Did you spot Mick Lynch?😁

Yes . I know who he is now . Any chance of answering my question?

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

How was QT biased ? 

59 minutes ago, sibon said:

>60% of the electorate didn’t vote Tory in 2019.

>60% of the electorate didn’t vote for Brexit.

Farage has no mandate from the UK people ✔️

100% of the electorate have to pay for the BBC. Excepting the OAPs, who have paid for them for long enough anyway.

Well at least you got 1 out of the 4 correct. :hihi:

Edited by Dromedary

6 hours ago, sibon said:

100% the electorate have to pay for the BBC. Excepting the OAPs, who have paid for them for long enough anyway.

It is quite normal for people to pay for entertainment. Sky TV isn't free.

I am sure some people choose to not watch TV 

Guest sibon
5 hours ago, Dromedary said:

Well at least you got 1 out of the 4 correct. :hihi:

Well, we all know your reputation for accuracy.

Maybe you could supply the correct figures.

(Clue: They are already correct)

Edited by sibon

7 hours ago, sibon said:

>60% of the electorate didn’t vote Tory in 2019.

>60% of the electorate didn’t vote for Brexit.

Farage has no mandate from the UK people 

100% of the electorate have to pay for the BBC. Excepting the OAPs, who have paid for them for long enough anyway.

Sorry to nitpick, but as one who should be benefiting from no licence fee, I must point out that only OAPs on means tested benefits are excepted.   Many older pensioners, who are just a tiny amount over the cut off, are expected pay the full whack.  

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

Sorry to nitpick, but as one who should be benefiting from no licence fee, I must point out that only OAPs on means tested benefits are excepted.   Many older pensioners, who are just a tiny amount over the cut off, are expected pay the full whack.  

That’s an excellent qualification to my claim. It doesn’t make my statement untrue though.

Correction noted😀

Edited by sibon

The Union are actually missing a trick here by not bringing more attention to these modernisations which the railway companies are planning.

Yes, they do need to cut costs although the Government subsidy is only half of that of France and only a third of that of Germany.

How they cut costs could have massive repercussions for rail safety as they get rid of the track maintenance men.

They have said they could mount sensors underneath the coaches and take 24,000 photos an hour to check the track and look for hairline cracks in the track.

Who is going to sit and look at millions of photos every day?

Platelayers, who check the tracks, check everything, including checking and tightening loose nuts & bolts at the fish plates so how would a sensor or camera do this.

What other money saving schemes will they come up with before we have a major tragedy occur.

I guarantee that I will NOT be travelling on a high speed train. 

31 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The Union are actually missing a trick here by not bringing more attention to these modernisations which the railway companies are planning.

They have said they could mount sensors underneath the coaches and take 24,000 photos an hour to check the track and look for hairline cracks in the track.

Who is going to sit and look at millions of photos every day?

Have you heard of these new fangled things called computers, they're quite good at repetitive tasks.

It's 2022, every single train should have this technology, constantly monitoring the 20,000 miles of track, which will trigger human intervention when necessary.

6 minutes ago, fools said:

Have you heard of these new fangled things called computers, they're quite good at repetitive tasks.

It's 2022, every single train should have this technology, constantly monitoring the 20,000 miles of track, which will trigger human intervention when necessary.

And going on facebooks dodgy ai banning people left right and centre for the stupidest things I'd say it's not great

13 minutes ago, fools said:

Computers are not new fangled things.  I was programming them in the 80's.

So computers can tighten nuts & bolts up can they? 

Have you any idea what a platelayers job consists of?

Computers can do many things but not everything.

Accountants  (and government ministers)  may not know that but railwaymen will.

That's the problem with this rail argument - half of them don't know what they are talking about and the other half tend to be stuck in the past.

It just needs someone with intelligence plus knowledge.