Mux7 (off emley & belmont) to be turned off on june 30th

If you get your Freeview TV signal from Sheffield (Crosspool) transmitter this does not apply to you because MUX7 was switched off there in Feb 2020.

For those on Emley Moor or Belmont MUX7 will be switching off on the 30th June.

To be fair is was mainly just rather esoteric HD channels and always only a  temporary MUX, but it is finally going, it's sister MUX (MUX8) was sw off in June 2020.

According to : https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/service-updates/channel-changes-closures-freeview-june-2022 the following programmes will be switched to one of the other MUXES :

Together TV

That’s TV (UK)

Quest Red +1

BBC FOUR HD

CBeebies HD

But these will only be available in standard Definition from now on :

Freesports

CBS Justice

More4+1

PBS America+1

Forces TV

BBC News HD

QVC HD

QVC Beauty HD

Quest HD

The big surprise there is BBC News will, apparently, no longer be available in HD, I predict complaints about that.

More info here.

I had read elsewhere Forces TV is closing completely.

Due to opening up the frequency spectrum they use for 5G, it's been on the cards for a few years now.

21 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I had read elsewhere Forces TV is closing completely.

A shame because it shows some good old stuff.

I think part of the problem is that on Virgin Media its tucked away way up in the channel 200s, when it ideally needs to be near Dave, UK Gold, Yesterday & Drama if its offering similar content.

On 24/06/2022 at 09:34, HallamGirl said:

Due to opening up the frequency spectrum they use for 5G, it's been on the cards for a few years now.

It must be stressed MUX7 and MUX8 (the latter turned off in Jun 2020) have only ever been temporary MUXES (with relatively low numbers of viewers), awaiting switch off so the frequencies can be used for mobile use.

There are no plans so switch off the main MUXES (1 to 6), they should continue to be transmitted until at least 2030.

Checkov,

Do you know of a site that lists and maintains a table of upto date channel/com associations for a transmitter, specifically Emley moor

eg (currently)

channel 55 - com7 - 107-bbcnewshd, 91-thatstvuk, 114-questhd etc

thanks

4 minutes ago, fools said:

Checkov,

Do you know of a site that lists and maintains a table of upto date channel/com associations for a transmitter, specifically Emley moor

eg (currently)

channel 55 - com7 - 107-bbcnewshd, 91-thatstvuk, 114-questhd etc

thanks

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Emley_Moor

Thanks HehasRisen,

came across that site before, It didn't seem 100% upto date (eg 113 RT HD is listed) and the cluttered layout/garish colours put me off a bit. But it's close.

There was another I used to use but cant remember what it was called now. Will have a think.