Help Needed To Sort My Sun Tea Via A Takeaway

so £10 per hour x 35 hours = better than the dole so worth working surely,if married ect universal credit pay extra ,so why are they not working,every where you go they say theres no basic workers,but theres loads in the job centre why?

How many of these jobs you see are for 35 hours a week guarenteed?  As has been said on here previously, it may be 10 hours one week, 0 the next, so who can plan on that for a regular income to support a family?

9 hours ago, bassett one said:

so £10 per hour x 35 hours = better than the dole so worth working surely,if married ect universal credit pay extra ,so why are they not working,every where you go they say theres no basic workers,but theres loads in the job centre why?

Its literally been explained to you. These are, in the main,. ZERO HOUR CONTRACTS.

You could have 35 hours one week and then zero for the next two weeks.  Would you be prepared to do that?

my local shop offers 20 hours minimum and cannot get staff ,also the universal credit makes up the rest,plus a jobs a job and if you have one its easier to find another one,plus you say stay at home dont work,dont take a zero hour contract job,but it proves to your next employer you are wanting work,i agree its not a great idea this zero hour contract ,but it suits some,but my main gripe is we cannot get folk to do normal jobs.some you must agree are just lazy and dont want work?

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

my local shop offers 20 hours minimum and cannot get staff ,also the universal credit makes up the rest,plus a jobs a job and if you have one its easier to find another one,plus you say stay at home dont work,dont take a zero hour contract job,but it proves to your next employer you are wanting work,i agree its not a great idea this zero hour contract ,but it suits some,but my main gripe is we cannot get folk to do normal jobs.some you must agree are just lazy and dont want work?

I'll ask again, since you ignored it the last time, do you work? 

there are a lot of people in this city that WOULD NOT work even if they got nothing off the state, I know of families of 3 generations of being unemployed, that is the sad state of the country today. they do not want work at any price, BUT some of them don't mind doing a bit of fiddling now and again some more now than again, doing it in take aways as well. 

4 hours ago, Resident said:

I'll ask again, since you ignored it the last time, do you work? 

no i am nearly 70 and retired thats the answer to that.

3 hours ago, kidley said:

there are a lot of people in this city that WOULD NOT work even if they got nothing off the state, I know of families of 3 generations of being unemployed, that is the sad state of the country today. they do not want work at any price, BUT some of them don't mind doing a bit of fiddling now and again some more now than again, doing it in take aways as well. 

yes thats a problem as well,but its wrong a company does it that way as theres all types of laws being broken on both sides

20 hours ago, bassett one said:

no i am nearly 70 and retired thats the answer to that.

Why not take on a part-time role in one of these establishments. Lots of older people do so. I'm sure you can manage on 16hrs at 9 quid an hour like you're saying others should....

if i could i would,so you say its better to stay at home  than work ?even a few hours work and the state makes up the rest and your better off,its strange a tax payer would advise people unless its the perfect job to stay at home on the dole,i will stay with the theory that if you have even a part time job,its easier to get another job,also many folk cannot get the job they want,but they work doing any work ,so they have a CV to show they are decent and hard working.if you take a job and sometimes hour are low the goverment make up the rest making you better off than staying at home.but you believe its better to stay at home unless its a perfect job,sorry lifes not like that.