'Bottle Green Knickers With Pockets - Growing Up In 1950s Sheffield'

I have published my first book - 'BOTTLE GREEN KNICKERS WITH POCKETS - GROWING UP IN 1950S SHEFFIELD' If anyone remembers the 1950s then its for you, if you are too young then you may have parents or grandparents who would like a nostalgic journey and would welcome a copy!!!

If interested please contact me on - [email protected] The book is £13 plus p + p. I will send a picture of the back and front covers!!!!!!

Commonly known as "passion killers" to the cheeky lads.  :)

Bottle green knickers with pockets and that was just the boys.

00000000000000h they bring back memories. 

It did when they tucked their skirts into their knickers to do hand stands.

Edited by Kidorry
  • Haha 1

I sat near the window overlooking the playground. Needless to say my concentration wavered a bit when the girls were doing PE. Happy days

On 18/02/2022 at 14:44, blackhill said:

Anyone remember the shops that used to be on Lindsay Road 1950's. first shop was Hirst's. They had a daughter Josephine I think here name was. Was at Lindsey Road School with her.

Bottom shop was Co-op. In between there was a chip shop, paper shop Burgoyne's I think the name was. Cannot remember the others

Mine were navy blue too.   At a school in London as part of our PE lessons we had to run through the streets in our knickers and Aertex tops ....  😂

We all used to hate it and what made it worse was that we used to run right past my mom and dad's newsagents shop.  I remember if my dad saw us he used to stand and laugh at us.   😂  😂  😂

11 minutes ago, francypants said:

At a school in London as part of our PE lessons we had to run through the streets in our knickers and Aertex top...  

ALFUb7w.jpgCome on Francy, do it right!!!

Sheffield junior Cross Country Champion 1959.

12 hours ago, SVerhamme said:

Mmm 🤔 whoever thought of girls doing PE in navy knickers and Artex top must have been a man 🤣🤣 these days it would make the tabloids !!

An  ARTEX  top !    Ouch !  Think that would rub a bit too much.    😂

• Haha 2