Male Blood Donor Turned Away For Not Answering If He Was Pregnant Or Not.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, fools said:

because he's a silver haired 66 yr old bloke without a womb.

The only nonsense is that someone decided he can't give blood because he didn't tick a divisive tick box.

Why's it divisive having one form for all? Why can't he just tick no then laugh about it after?

Edited by melthebell

He is probably the same sort of person who demands to complain to the manager when he gets ID'd for alcohol in a supermarket, most people would have a laugh about it, maybe take it as a compliment.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Why's it divisive having one form for all? Why can't he just tick no then laugh about it after?

How many times in your life have you been asked if you're pregnant before giving blood/receiving treatment/having an x-ray. Wasn't necessary before was it... why now. The staff should have just crossed it out with n/a, job done - presumably they are able to work out that a male aged 66 wouldn't be pregnant.

It's never been asked before, the only reason it is asked now is to appease a pressure group, helped along by media firms profiting from agitating division.

There are far wider issues than giving blood at stake. The fightback in women's sport wouldn't have happened if people weren't allowed to take a stance. The stuff going on in schools is inevitably going to lead to some damaged adults.

Edited by fools
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fools said:

How many times in your life have you been asked if you're pregnant before giving blood/receiving treatment/having an x-ray. Wasn't necessary before was it... why now. The staff should have just crossed it out with n/a, job done.

It's never been asked before, the only reason it is asked now is to appease a pressure group, helped along by media firms profiting from agitating division.

There are far wider issues than giving blood at stake. The fightback in women's sport wouldn't have happened if people weren't allowed to take a stance. The stuff going on in schools is inevitably going to lead to some damaged adults.

You havent answered the question

why is it divisive having a single form for men and women?

Why is it such a struggle to tick no on the pregnancy question?

I presume almost all women will tick no too, as you cant give blood if pregnant or have a baby under 6 months. so it will be no for almost everybody.

The only people kicking a fuss are those that want to make a warped stand against "wokeness"

God almighty. With all that’s going on in the World , you lot are still arguing over this 

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

I presume almost all women will tick no too, as you cant give blood if pregnant or have a baby under 6 months. so it will be no for almost everybody.

The only people kicking a fuss are those that want to make a warped stand against "wokeness"

You are 'kicking up a fuss' about it in this thread .. so it is clearly divisive.

Why didn't you kick up a fuss about not being asked if you were pregnant at any time in the last century.

3 minutes ago, fools said:

You are 'kicking up a fuss' about it in this thread .. so it is clearly divisive.

Why didn't you kick up a fuss about not being asked if you were pregnant at any time in the last century.

im not kicking up a fuss, purely putting you and humble and makapaka right. You STILL havent answered the questions i just asked, seems you and makapaka are trapped in your small little viewpoints and keep repeating them ad infinitum instead of answering the "tough" questions, like why couldnt he tick the no box.

19 minutes ago, melthebell said:

You are participating in the division, in this thread .. so a little bit odd that you are denying it being divisive.

It is no struggle, it's about principles and standing up to the absurdity of the woke agenda. If you wander off the mainstream media, there are thousands of examples of how deranged things are getting.

That this issue, important / irrelevant / stupid as it is. (you decide.) should generate 6 pages of discussion sadly doesn't surprise me, but does sadden me. We have so many problems in the world at the moment, and things such as this are increasingly jamming up the works.

Surely the people involved could have sorted this with a bit of common sense and a smile, but no one dares use that any more. There's no autonomy. 

The blood donor service lost a donation that could have saved a life, and a man was denied a chance to do a good deed. And for what?

15 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

Yes  it is a stand  off !! against forms which are becoming more intrusive and decisive and  I wouldn’t be going to give blood if I thought I was pregnant or suspected I was or if my baby was 6 months old .it’s common sense not to attend !! 

As I say where does this collected information end up ? It’s not all about wether a woman  is pregnant  a woman wouldn’t go if she was !! So it must be gender related  and there goes another

complete nonsense where blood collecting is concerned, a lot can go wrong, it has gone wrong before. They need to know things. Dont forget this is voluntary, if you dont want to give the answers dont go to give blood, simple, then they arent getting your information. if you do go, then you have to fill in the form correctly or they cant use it, again, simple.

should we all just not fill in the bits we dont like? how much chaos would that cause? how much disease and deaths would entail from that

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That this issue, important / irrelevant / stupid as it is. (you decide.) should generate 6 pages of discussion sadly doesn't surprise me, but does sadden me. We have so many problems in the world at the moment, and things such as this are increasingly jamming up the works.

Surely the people involved could have sorted this with a bit of common sense and a smile, but no one dares use that any more. There's no autonomy. 

The blood donor service lost a donation that could have saved a life, and a man was denied a chance to do a good deed. And for what?

he wanted to be a knob about it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

My late mother was for many years a donor attendant with the BTS. She would have had a good laugh at this, and had she been attending to the donor I’m sure that he would also have seen the funny side of it. 😂

36 minutes ago, fools said:

It is no struggle, it's about principles and standing up to the absurdity of the woke agenda. If you wander off the mainstream media, there are thousands of examples of how deranged things are getting.

this one sentence shows its YOU being divisive and using it to push YOUR agenda.

I'll say it again.

Does one form for everyone make sense?

Is it divisive to have a single form for everybody?

Is there anything to stop a man from ticking the no box on the pregnancy question?

Is it divisive if as well as men ticking the no box on the pregnancy question, 99.9% of women will also be ticking the same box?

is it correct and right that if the forms not filled in correctly it cant be used?

If he wants to be a martyr to the anti woke agenda, he can but he still then looks like a knob and cant go whinging about it.