Male Blood Donor Turned Away For Not Answering If He Was Pregnant Or Not.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The question wasn’t asked for the purpose of establishing if the man was pregnant in this instance - it was done to promote inclusiveness.

which is why the other examples of unnecessary questions are relevant to a degree. 

what might the next social priority the blood bank make as note important than receiving blood from willing donors?

I don't give a flying fig why you think the question was asked.  The fact is, it was asked as part of their procedure, the donor chose to refuse to answer.  Non-cooperation = incomplete paperwork = no acceptable donation. 

All fault is with the donor. How is this hard to understand.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I don't give a flying fig why are you think the question was asked.  The fact is, it was asked as part of their procedure, the donor chose to refuse to answer.  Non-cooperation = incomplete paperwork = no acceptable donation. 

All fault is with the donor. How is this hard to understand.  

I don’t think that was why it was asked - they confirmed that’s why it was asked.

So why is it hard to understand the issue as to why the blood bank would lose a donation on account of a completely different priority to what the blood bank is designed to do - ie obtain donors blood. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I don’t think that was why it was asked - they confirmed that’s why it was asked.

So why is it hard to understand the issue as to why the blood bank would lose a donation on account of a completely different priority to what the blood bank is designed to do - ie obtain donors blood. 

So in your world then..... if that is their number one priority they are free to get donors blood by all and any means possible no matter what.

No rules, no procedures, no checks, no paperwork, no screening, no auditing, no control-  don't matter as long as we get a donation right?  So you find it perfectly acceptable if faced with a similar situation for the clinic to rollover, be bullied into accepting the pathetic demands of some uncooperative donor and just fill in the forms anyway with some guesswork? 

Yeah I'll stick with professionals thank you.

Edited by ECCOnoob

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

He wasn’t refused for not answering the  question for health reasons - the question was there to promote inclusiveness.

The question is on the form for health related reasons because the NHS have a duty of care to those giving blood and any unborn babies.  I'm not a big fan of this inclusiveness malarkey and political correctness that is plaguing the modern world but regarding filling in forms for the purposes of giving blood or any other hospital related reason, I couldn't care less about ticking a box to answer a silly question or one that isn't appropriate to me in order to allow the medical people to do their job.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

So in your world then..... if that is their number one priority they are free to get donors blood by all and any means possible no matter what.

No of course not. I’ve never said that once.

but they shouldn’t insist on answers to questions that aren’t required on the grounds of it being important to promote inclusivity. Like as to whether a 60 year old man is pregnant.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm not a big fan of this inclusiveness malarkey and political correctness that is plaguing the modern world

I am a fan of inclusiveness - I don’t think it should be prioritised over matters of receiving blood though. 

The guy is  a tosser…end of.

If he genuinely intended to give blood to help save someone’s life he would have just ticked the box ,yes.

I guess  he’s just enjoying  the publicity he’s created.

My  late wife received a number of blood transfusions thanks to  many blood donors.

Me….I’m still alive and kicking thanks to the family who followed the wishes of a family member willing to donate their organs after death,

I have a new kidney  and my life moves on.

To the unknown  family I’m forever grateful.

Please…talk  to your family.

We will all die one day.

Let then know your wishes after death

• Like 1

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

I am a fan of inclusiveness - I don’t think it should be prioritised over matters of receiving blood though. 

I think you will find such questions are asked in relation to other NHS treatments and not just giving blood.

7 hours ago, Allen said:

If he genuinely intended to give blood to help save someone’s life he would have just ticked the box ,yes.

I guess  he’s just enjoying  the publicity he’s created.

My  late wife received a number of blood transfusions thanks to  many blood donors.

Me….I’m still alive and kicking thanks to the family who followed the wishes of a family member willing to donate their organs after death,

I have a new kidney  and my life moves on.

To the unknown  family I’m forever grateful.

Please…talk  to your family.

We will all die one day.

Let then know your wishes after death

Agree.     :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I think you will find such questions are asked in relation to other NHS treatments and not just giving blood.

And what. 

7 hours ago, Allen said:

Maybe he is.

not really the point though. 

Many years ago I filled a questionnaire for summat...

I got to a section where it said -SEX-

I couldn't resist the temptation, so I put -ANYTIME-

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, West 77 said:

They may have not use  to ask 70 year old women if they are pregnant before they are allowed to have an endoscopy but they do now.  The reason such questions are asked is for the safety of people having an endoscopy and people donating blood.  I've never heard of a 70 year old woman complaining when asked whether she is pregnant on a form to be allowed to give blood or for any other health related reasons.

They do now do they, why is that? Can 70 year old women get pregnant now?

Lefties getting in a right old froth over this non-story.

It's a nonsense, everyone knows it's a nonsense, but still they play along with the faux outrage.

Edited by fools

11 minutes ago, fools said:

They do now do they, why is that? Can 70 year old women get pregnant now?

Lefties getting in a right old froth over this non-story.

It's a nonsense, everyone knows it's a nonsense, but still they play along with the faux outrage.

Riddle me this.