Male Blood Donor Turned Away For Not Answering If He Was Pregnant Or Not.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

You aren’t.

You are just telling the Blood Transfusion service that you aren’t pregnant.

By flouncing about it, you would be telling the world something else about your character.

And denying someone blood that could save their life. By all means disagree with it but not to the point of denying blood donation 

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Even by ticking no you're playing along, normalizing gender fluidity/neutrality, accepting it as a concept and accepting the idea that a man can be pregnant.

muppet

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, melthebell said:

muppet

Another compelling argument.

the outcome was there’s less blood in the bank,

the bloke was doing it voluntarily “I’d like to give you my blood for others but I don’t want to answer if I’m pregnant or not cos I’m obviously not (his choice might be a div) “

Outcome - less blood in the bank.

14 hours ago, Jomie said:

The Telegraph seems to have made a bit of a faux pas in using the banned word 'women' in the article:

Don't they know it's 'pregnant people' for goodness sake?   Shame on them. 

This is appalling.  Womb-carriers everywhere should unite with their ambulatory testicular unit allies and condemn such an insulting lack of progressive inclusivity.

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

the bloke was doing it voluntarily “I’d like to give you my blood for others but I don’t want to answer if I’m pregnant or not cos I’m obviously not (his choice might be a div) “

Loss of a pint of blood or the loss of someone's job if they're daft enough to carry out that procedure without getting an answer to that question.  Matters not one tiny jot whether you think that question is clunky and clumsy, or what you think of the bloke's actions. 

I've had this question on a form, I'm taking part in a 4 year medical study and had to have bloods and a MRI scan earlier this year at no point did it enter my head to have a strop and behave like a Pratt or think about running off to the local rag.

i just ticked no and appreciated all the efforts of the several staff involved in carrying out the study and hope my efforts as a medical Guinea pig help in a small way, or should I have just wasted their  time and efforts?

such a dilemma not, the world isn't binary or black or white, so tick the box most appropriate it's pretty simple unless you're a total dick.

Edited by Beechwood_S6
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

Why doesn't he want to answer the question?

50 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

I've had this question on a form, I'm taking part in a 4 year medical study and had to have bloods and a MRI scan earlier this year at no point did it enter my head to have a strop and behave like a Pratt or think about running off to the local rag.

i just ticked no and appreciated all the efforts of the several staff involved in carrying out the study and hope my efforts as a medical Guinea pig help in a small way, or should I have just wasted their  time and efforts?

such a dilemma not, the world isn't binary or black or white, so tick the box most appropriate it's pretty simple unless you're a total dick.

Indeed, the sensible approach, if you find it silly as least you can laugh about it after.

because he's a silver haired 66 yr old bloke without a womb.

The only nonsense is that someone decided he can't give blood because he didn't tick a divisive tick box.

Edited by fools

3 minutes ago, fools said:

because he's a silver haired 66 yr old bloke without a womb.

The only nonsense is that someone decided he can't give blood because he didn't tick a divisive tick box.

Why's it divisive having one form for all? Why can't he just tick no then laugh about it after?

Edited by melthebell

He is probably the same sort of person who demands to complain to the manager when he gets ID'd for alcohol in a supermarket, most people would have a laugh about it, maybe take it as a compliment.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Why's it divisive having one form for all? Why can't he just tick no then laugh about it after?

How many times in your life have you been asked if you're pregnant before giving blood/receiving treatment/having an x-ray. Wasn't necessary before was it... why now. The staff should have just crossed it out with n/a, job done - presumably they are able to work out that a male aged 66 wouldn't be pregnant.

It's never been asked before, the only reason it is asked now is to appease a pressure group, helped along by media firms profiting from agitating division.

There are far wider issues than giving blood at stake. The fightback in women's sport wouldn't have happened if people weren't allowed to take a stance. The stuff going on in schools is inevitably going to lead to some damaged adults.

Edited by fools
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fools said:

How many times in your life have you been asked if you're pregnant before giving blood/receiving treatment/having an x-ray. Wasn't necessary before was it... why now. The staff should have just crossed it out with n/a, job done.

It's never been asked before, the only reason it is asked now is to appease a pressure group, helped along by media firms profiting from agitating division.

There are far wider issues than giving blood at stake. The fightback in women's sport wouldn't have happened if people weren't allowed to take a stance. The stuff going on in schools is inevitably going to lead to some damaged adults.

You havent answered the question

why is it divisive having a single form for men and women?

Why is it such a struggle to tick no on the pregnancy question?

I presume almost all women will tick no too, as you cant give blood if pregnant or have a baby under 6 months. so it will be no for almost everybody.

The only people kicking a fuss are those that want to make a warped stand against "wokeness"