Male Blood Donor Turned Away For Not Answering If He Was Pregnant Or Not.

also, taking the final paragraph

"As a public body we take cognisance of changes in society around how such questions may be asked without discrimination and have a duty to promote inclusiveness – therefore all donors are now asked the same questions."

They probably just use one form for everybody to fill in, rather than going ooh a woman, you fill this form in, oh your a man, fill this form in, and like i said before HE refused to fill that bit in, so its a storm in a teacup created by that man.

Edited by melthebell

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, melthebell said:

also, taking the final paragraph

They probably just use one form for everybody to fill in, rather than going ooh a woman, you fill this form in, oh your a man, fill this form in, and like i said before HE refused to fill that bit in, so its a storm in a teacup created by that man.

I’m sure they do - and again - for the last time - what was the only intention of the whole exercise ?

it was to get blood from someone.

and they could have took it - but they didn’t - because they thought it more important to make sure a man wasn’t pregnant.

So whether he overreacted - acted incorrectly - whatever - there is less blood because they refused to take his blood because he didnt confirm if he was pregnant - when he was a man - a nonsense.

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’m sure they do - and again - for the last time - what was the only intention of the whole exercise ?

it was to get blood from someone.

and they could have took it - but they didn’t - because they thought it more important to make sure a man wasn’t pregnant.

So whether he overreacted - acted incorrectly - whatever - there is less blood because they refused to take his blood because he didnt confirm if he was pregnant - when he was a man - a nonsense.

again, you are wrong, they didnt refuse to take his blood because he didnt confirm he wasnt pregnant, they didnt take his blood because the form was incorrect, it wasnt filled in fully. Where does it end? people not filling questions in willy nilly on such important forms?

What was stopping him ticking no on the form?

He decided to make a stand against bureaucracy, HE chose not to fill it in, HE chose to take a stand, HE chose to put his blood giving in jeopardy by not filling in a form correctly which is an important piece of information for such a dangerous practice.

• Like 1

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not filling in a form correctly which is an important piece of information for such a dangerous practice.

Hmm. I’m bored.

im not sure how a form can be filled in incorrectly if a man doesn’t tick a box saying he isn’t pregnant.

I’d like to think someone could look at a form and say - “oh he hasn’t ticked the box that says if he’s pregnant or not”

and someone think

”well he’s a man”

and then get the blood of him in case it save someone’s life.

or it could be turned into some stupid left / right / woke / gammon nonsense argument that achieves nothing.

8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Hmm. I’m bored.

im not sure how a form can be filled in incorrectly if a man doesn’t tick a box saying he isn’t pregnant.

I’d like to think someone could look at a form and say - “oh he hasn’t ticked the box that says if he’s pregnant or not”

and someone think

”well he’s a man”

or it could be turned into some stupid left / right / woke / gammon nonsense argument that achieves nothing.

shall we start at the beginning?

What was stopping the man ticking no?

19 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Hmm. I’m bored.

and someone think

”well he’s a man”

Unless they slapped their genitals out on the table the clinic had no idea what sex they were or that there was absolutely no way they could be pregnant.

They have a set procedure to follow with paperwork. Whether this arrogant ass personally finds it distasteful, ridiculous or unnecessary is wholly irrelevant.  That is the protocol the staff have to follow.

Now if they want to be so petty and childish to let such a trivial little thing sway whether they  proceed to donate blood, that's says far more about them than the clinic.  The only hope I have whenever I read stories of backwards neanderthal dinosaurs like this, is that the newer generation are far more accepting and tolerant of changes in Society.

I bet said entitled chump wouldn't turn down blood from a  transgender donor if his life depended on it.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

Guest sibon
28 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Unless they slapped their genitals out on the table the clinic had no idea what sex they were or that there was absolutely no way they could be pregnant.

They have a set procedure to follow with paperwork. Whether this arrogant ass personally finds it distasteful, ridiculous or unnecessary is wholly irrelevant.  That is the protocol the staff have to follow.

Now if they want to be so petty and childish to let such a trivial little thing sway whether they  proceed to donate blood, that's says far more about them than the clinic.  The only hope I have whenever I read stories of backwards neanderthal dinosaurs like this, is that the newer generation are far more accepting and tolerant of changes in Society.

I bet said entitled chump wouldn't turn down blood from a  transgender donor if his life depended on it.  

I agree with absolutely every word of that.

Just to add, it is essential that clear protocols are followed when taking blood donations it really isn’t stuff to mess about with. There are plenty of people out there who have had their lives ruined by slack blood donation procedures.  Part of that protocol is filling the form in correctly.

Maybe they should also put a question on the form along the lines of “are you a total dick head”. 

Why are you lot arguing about this non story ?

33 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why are you lot arguing about this non story ?

cos some people are trying to turn it into a massive story

man doesnt tick box on form, end of world

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

More rubbish and inflammatory nonsense.

Who made the decision not to take his blood?

It was the people taking the blood that wouldn’t do it.

he doesn’t have to go and give blood.

he went to do it and they didn’t because he wouldn’t say if he was pregnant or not because he was a man.

The individual is irrelevant.

Why is there any type of barrier to giving blood for pregnancy amongst men?

madness.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, melthebell said:

shall we start at the beginning?

What was stopping the man ticking no?

A man goes somewhere and offers to let someone drain blood out his body in case someone needs it to stay alive.

For whatever reason he doesn’t think he should answer whether he’s pregnant or not because he’s a man.

they don’t take his blood.

he goes home.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

More rubbish and inflammatory nonsense.

Who made the decision not to take his blood?

It was the people taking the blood that wouldn’t do it.

he doesn’t have to go and give blood.

he went to do it and they didn’t because he wouldn’t say if he was pregnant or not because he was a man.

The individual is irrelevant.

Why is there any type of barrier to giving blood for pregnancy amongst men?

madness.

Spin it all you want.

Donor got chip on their shoulder, acted like an ass and refused to cooperate to simple, routine and perfectly reasonable questions and paperwork.   Damn right the clinic wouldn't take their blood.  He was a liability.   What else might he refuse to answer or comply with. 

The only madness here is some Donor being petty and childish in their pathetic attempt to try and prove a point.  The clinic staff were just doing their job.