Inappropriate Sunbathing On Housing Estates

I was sat in the reception area of Huntsman entrance  NGH Wednesday morning (early for my appointment) it was pleasantly warm and sunny outside. Bloke walks in past the Boots/Coffee shop/ reception completely shirtless, striding with a purpose to wherever he was meant to be down that long corridor. No mask either, but they had just changed the rules on that. He didn't get stopped, in the time I could see him, by any nurse, doc, cleaner, porter. I mean...a hospital?

2 hours ago, Foot and Mouth said:

I was sat in the reception area of Huntsman entrance  NGH Wednesday morning (early for my appointment) it was pleasantly warm and sunny outside. Bloke walks in past the Boots/Coffee shop/ reception completely shirtless, striding with a purpose to wherever he was meant to be down that long corridor. No mask either, but they had just changed the rules on that. He didn't get stopped, in the time I could see him, by any nurse, doc, cleaner, porter. I mean...a hospital?

Where I live they won't let men through the door without a shirt on. 

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Sun cream ???  Bit girly . Not much of a Yorkshireman are you 

Sensible to wear sun cream. Living by the sea it wise to keep in the shade or wear a high factor, 50 plus sun cream. Just saying!!

Was it this one?

Seagull Standing Free Stock Photo - Public Domain Pictures

....  or would this be more like your view of it......!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.dYe7wzeXKq3GFm8wJuwTSgHaDj%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Edited by Thirsty Relic
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Of course sunbathing in your own arden is appropriate. If not there then where? 

We are a long way from a beach in Sheffield.

What I object to is sweaty men with no shirt in supermarkets. Not even keen on fashion vests to be honest, 

Sunbathing in the garden when your neighbours can see? 

Woman 2 doors away is bikini clad and has been on her back garden since 5:27pm

This country is finished 

7 hours ago, Foot and Mouth said:

A real bugbear of mine this . Be it hospitals ,  busses , trams ,shops or pubs , put a shirt on you tramps  

It annoys me that most women take such time and trouble over their appearance, and most men just don't give a toss.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It annoys me that most women take such time and trouble over their appearance, and most men just don't give a toss.

Sexist

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

I know a man who lives in a shop doorway in town , he blags a shower every day in various office  wash rooms( among other places ), I know people in those offices that stink . Appearances can be deceptive .

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

could it be because, some men are more accepting that you can't always polish a Richard, so they accept themselves for what and who they  present to the world or that men aren't hooked on the latest unpronounceable wonder ingredient, I have one shelf standard shower gel, shampoo shaving gel, deodorant  etc my other-half several hundred products, which grows every few days.

5 minutes ago, steve68 said:

could it be because, some men are more accepting that you can't always polish a Richard, so they accept themselves for what and who they  present to the world or that men aren't hooked on the latest unpronounceable wonder ingredient, I have one shelf standard shower gel, shampoo shaving gel, deodorant  etc my other-half several hundred products, which grows every few days.

Cosmetic companies put the same old boswellox - I do love that word - thank you Loreal.  It's extract of frankincense, apparently - in blokes' products too, they just put them in sturdy, chunky, manly containers, in manly colours and illustrate the ads with manly men doing manly men things.

Women aren't inherently more susceptible to marketing rubbish, but the agist, misogynist culture that swirls around this nonsense, and everywhere else, means that it's pushed at women that much harder.  Consequently some feel the need to strive for that perky, youthful, essentially unobtainable ideal that keeps the cosmetic companies in business.