Opal Fruits And Marathons

52 minutes ago, sibon said:

Spangles. That’s what they should bring back.

And Jim’ll Fix It.

Thats more like it  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

So, weve had brexit, and are now thinking about bringing back imperial measures yay :roll:

So isn't it time we left the rest of the world and renamed Starbursts and Snickers back to good old fashioned English names Opal Fruits and Marathons?

Yes, because the former make your mouth water and the latter have a peanut in every bite (as they're sliced open), and they taste better.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Yes, because the former make your mouth water and the latter have a peanut in every bite (as they're sliced open), and they taste better.

So does squirrel  poo    

• Haha 1

Burton's Potato Puffs.  Internet says they came in "ready salted, cheese and onion, and salt and vinegar" but I remember beef flavour as my favourite. 

I’m more concerned about how my favourite chocolate treats have become smaller over the years.  Crunchie Bars, Mars Bars and Toblerone look a lot smaller than they use to be, but the prices didn’t get smaller tho.  So if they do bring back the original name of chocolate bars they should bring back the size they use to be to.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

What are American 'Twinkie' Bars? I hear them often mentioned in American films. Do we have an equivalent here?

A few years ago Morrisons had an aisle selling American confectionary. One of the items for sale was Twinkies so sharing your curiosity I bought a box. A Twinkie is a small sponge cake bar probably about 4 inches long with a “cream “ filling. Even though they are small I found they were so sickly I couldn’t eat a full one. Trust me Anna we really aren’t missing out on anything there 🤮

Guest sibon
33 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Without wishing to pick an unnecessary fight, I think that you have your Marathons muddled up with Topics.

A Topic bar had a hazelnut in every bite, or so the adverts claimed. No such  claim was ever made for the bites: peanuts ratio of Marathons.

Ok. Back on topic… or was that Marathon.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Without wishing to pick an unnecessary fight, I think that you have your Marathons muddled up with Topics.

A Topic bar had a hazelnut in every bite, or so the adverts claimed. No such  claim was ever made for the bites: peanuts ratio of Marathons.

Ok. Back on topic… or was that Marathon.

:thumbsup: . Just waiting for him to wheedle  Covid into this thread  

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Bring back the original Smarties, not the little ones we've got now!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Pb-gOS-ADiY3CPtYpDkUlgHaFb%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Do they still make the Ruffle  chocolate bar ?  Or the Rumba ? both favourites of mine as a nipper 

Edited by hackey lad

Fry's chocolate bar with about 6 flavours all in one bar.  One piece, one flavor. 

Takes me back.  Sure I can remember buying these from a vending machine at the bottom of Pond Hill next to the big map which lit up certain roads / indicated business, when you pressed the corresponding button. 

Edited by Baron99

Bring back lumbago, impetigo, tin baths, lineament, outside lavvies, being ostracised for any small difference, rheumatic fever, having all your teeth out at 21, fiery jack, conscription, constipation, TB, Sunday best, firing squads, smallpox, RP, strong leadership, tar and feathering, Yorkshire salad, paying out your life savings for treatment for injuries sustained fighting for the King, common sense, going over the top, Ruffle bars of course and that lighting-up map, and an unswerving belief in the headteacher, bobby, doctor, dignitary, vicar, officer, and nobleman.

The past was just better in every way