Fir Vale - Litter Issues

12 hours ago, Yorkslass72 said:

This involves a conversation that no-one wants to have unfortunately, but if you allow someone to make a mess and then continually clean up after them, then your complicity is part of the problem. 

Truthful post

On 10/06/2022 at 03:38, mafya said:

I think it will have to be something drastic like the council bringing in legislation that says if you are caught littering or fly tipping twice then you will be banned from residing in the area for x amount of years even if you private rent. Talking and trying to educate the offenders hasn’t worked for the last 10plus years. My parents live there and I know the area very well. A lot of the greedy landlords charging stupid amounts of rents to multiple family’s in their property are to blame as well and the majority of these greedy landlords are of Pakistani descent. I’m Pakistani myself before anyone starts so not being racist/xenophobic etc I’m just stating facts. 

Wasn't it Pakistani landlords who first started renting properties in this area to Rome etc? From memory might be wrong.

On 11/06/2022 at 11:22, HeHasRisen said:

These are the type of people who:

a) will pretend not to understand English when challenged

b) give fake details

c) not pay fines

d) a combination of the above.

I live on the same street as an Italian, a Finn, a Dutchman and a Czech. Should they all now be booted out of the country?

Send 'em all to Rwanada.

On 12/06/2022 at 14:07, hackey lad said:

Were they “ forced “ onto Gleadless  Valley ? 

Sort of. My wife's family still live there. The area was set aside for immigrants.

29 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Wasn't it Pakistani landlords who first started renting properties in this area to Rome etc? From memory might be wrong.

Does it matter?

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Does it matter?

see post#6

I’m sure our great council have got a master plan to stop this problem 😂

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I’m sure our great council have got a master plan to stop this problem 😂

That would be good but, if so, it will be the first master plan they have ever managed to come up with.

Just as useless as that lot in Westminster.

On 17/06/2022 at 11:43, blackydog said:

I think it was although there are a few council owned homes in the area too. The lure of getting £500-600 a month for a two bed house that previously only got around £350-400 a month was too much of a temptation.  The council bought in a selective Licencing scheme in the area but it didn’t make much difference..

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 07:46, Findlay said:

Alot of this stems from landlords taking on tenants that are desperate for housing no matter the condition of the property. 

It is well known that laundered drug money is used to pay for houses which are then rented to those on benefits.

How many of these landlords will be able to prove mortgage payments as they will be paid for cash.

These so called landlords are taking the mickey out of the system with landlord schemes, a voluntary step.

Landlords in this area need to be licenced like public houses in order to operate.

That’s a bit strong considering houses were only fetching between £10k to £25k in the area before EU migration.

My brother bought a 2 bed house on Robey street in 1999 for £11k.

Money launderers invest their money in other commodities rather then run down houses in Page Hall!, 😂

On 19/06/2022 at 06:21, mafya said:

That’s a bit strong considering houses were only fetching between £10k to £25k in the area before EU migration.

My brother bought a 2 bed house on Robey street in 1999 for £11k.

Money launderers invest their money in other commodities rather then run down houses in Page Hall!, 😂

I am only too thankful that when Robey/Willoughby/Wade Street seemed to be 'absolute steals' at £9/11k back in the 90's that I listened to my head and didn't bother. 

10 hours ago, Yorkslass72 said:

I am only too thankful that when Robey/Willoughby/Wade Street seemed to be 'absolute steals' at £9/11k back in the 90's that I listened to my head and didn't bother. 

Believe it or not they are actually selling for between £55k to £80k now