Fir Vale - Litter Issues

Will This ongoing problem ever be resolved ?? 

It Seems the Council do clean it all up but within days you see ,Chairs/Mattress and God knows what else put at side of Council litter bins in the hope council move them .

The area is full of Litter most of time but I think Sheffield council are losing the battle in this long term problem - who knows what the solution is to be honest your thoughts all

4 minutes ago, barmyowls said:

It Seems the Council do clean it all up but within days you see ,Chairs/Mattress and God knows what else put at side of Council litter bins in the hope council move them .

The area is full of Litter most of time but I think Sheffield council are losing the battle in this long term problem - who knows what the solution is to be honest your thoughts all

Put our council tax up to pay for it 

14 minutes ago, barmyowls said:

Public information and education about bins and collections, how litter leads to things like rats, how to dispose of larger items etc. And keep on repeating it until the message gets across. More street litter bins, more bobbies on the beat imposing on the spot fines... ? 

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Public information and education about bins and collections, how litter leads to things like rats, how to dispose of larger items etc. And keep on repeating it until the message gets across. More street litter bins, more bobbies on the beat imposing on the spot fines... ? 

This problem in the area has been going on years and costing a fortune 

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

This problem in the area has been going on years and costing a fortune 

It will have to be policed then and fines given out to offenders.

I think it will have to be something drastic like the council bringing in legislation that says if you are caught littering or fly tipping twice then you will be banned from residing in the area for x amount of years even if you private rent. Talking and trying to educate the offenders hasn’t worked for the last 10plus years. My parents live there and I know the area very well. A lot of the greedy landlords charging stupid amounts of rents to multiple family’s in their property are to blame as well and the majority of these greedy landlords are of Pakistani descent. I’m Pakistani myself before anyone starts so not being racist/xenophobic etc I’m just stating facts. 

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

or penalties ? Ok you said that at the end

Doubt that the police would see a « Bobby on the beat » as a realistic proposition to police littering  perhaps they should. A «  Bobby on the Beat » sounds like some 1950’s fantasy upland

4 hours ago, mafya said:

I think it will have to be something drastic like the council bringing in legislation that says if you are caught littering or fly tipping twice then you will be banned from residing in the area for x amount of years even if you private rent. Talking and trying to educate the offenders hasn’t worked for the last 10plus years. My parents live there and I know the area very well. A lot of the greedy landlords charging stupid amounts of rents to multiple family’s in their property are to blame as well and the majority of these greedy landlords are of Pakistani descent. I’m Pakistani myself before anyone starts so not being racist/xenophobic etc I’m just stating facts. 

I’m sure you’re right there mafya. I used to be involved in Safeguarding work which  involved liaising with lots of different agencies. I was told that many absent Landlords were either in prison or drug dealers. It was a reliable source that said this in the official  context of an inter agency meeting. 
In other words the Landlords didn’t give a ***t

4 hours ago, mafya said:

I think your solution is the best way to tackle it together with the installation of CCTV cameras.

I do think that if this problem was in a different area, the council and the police wouldn't pussy-foot about in the same way at all so draw your own conclusions.

Councils and police are afraid of being given a label these days and so, turn a blind eye to some extent. 

• Like 1

Get the lazy buggers picking their own rubbish up! Issue each one of them PPE, bin liner, and a litter picker. Only them will the penny drop.

I was brought up in this area and have many happy memories 

sadly all that has evaporated  consequent upon the Sheffield authorities failing in their duty to protect against the antics of a large majority of incomers arriving under the banner of city of sanctuary but mainly those of a certain Eastern European “culture” who like it seems to live in squalor and have no respect for their surroundings

the greed of certain landlords is also responsible and a ghetto is now created which from first hand experience is not being tackled and too many do gooders are pussy footing around the problem

i doubt this would happen elsewhere in this city but fear it is here to stay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mafya said:

I think it will have to be something drastic like the council bringing in legislation that says if you are caught littering or fly tipping twice then you will be banned from residing in the area for x amount of years even if you private rent.

The council doesn't have powers to bring in legislation - that would have to be done by central government.