Smoking To Be Banned

2 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

No.

Bench seats led to many happy Mammary s. 🤣 🤣

Bucket seats and fold down arm rests spoilt car courting altogether :mad: .

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, sibon said:

That is crazy money. 

I smoked for 25 years. Tried all sorts of ways to stop. Then, one rainy day, I couldn’t be bothered to go to the shop to buy any.  I’ve not touched one since. It is strange how things happen.

Yes it’s strange how it happens, we were about to fly to Spain, when that Icelandic cloud thing happened, cancelling our flights, we bought in bulk, 10,000 each trip, so. 50 x 2.50 per pack, we simply finished our stock and never touched a cigarette since. 

4 hours ago, sibon said:

That is crazy money. 

I smoked for 25 years. Tried all sorts of ways to stop. Then, one rainy day, I couldn’t be bothered to go to the shop to buy any.  I’ve not touched one since. It is strange how things happen.

48 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Yes it’s strange how it happens, we were about to fly to Spain, when that Icelandic cloud thing happened, cancelling our flights, we bought in bulk, 10,000 each trip, so. 50 x 2.50 per pack, we simply finished our stock and never touched a cigarette since. 

I mentioned the Father in law. Much like the Gun happy Yanks who's 'you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hand'

He was the same with cigarettes.

Until a short spell in hospital - never touched one after that.  Before that chain smoking from getting up was his god dam right.

Went on to live till he was 89 but hated going for X-rays 

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

Give over! you'll have me gettin violin out.

Its a disgusting ignorant habit that turns into addiction most regret even starting.

Keep safe out there 8) .

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Give over! you'll have me gettin violin out.

Its a disgusting ignorant habit that turns into addiction most regret even starting.

Keep safe out there 8) .

No need for your violin thanks.

Just pointing out that the more socially costing drinking culture gets off lightly. Based on costs of 30 years ago a pint of beer through the pumps should be over £7 a pint,and there’s a few that consume 3 or 4 pints a day .

20 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

No.

Bench seats led to many happy Mammary s. 🤣 🤣

Bucket seats and fold down arm rests spoilt car courting altogether :mad: .

I’m guessing the gear shift on those Zephyrs were column change, thus preventing an awkward and uncomfortable knob from interfering with the bench seat gymnastics 🤣

1 minute ago, Jim117 said:

I’m guessing the gear shift on those Zephyrs were column change, thus preventing an awkward and uncomfortable knob from interfering with the bench seat gymnastics 🤣

They were like driving two three seater settees, as I recall they didn’t spoil you on gear selection, and we’re next to impossible to reverse into a parking spot

I detest smoking, always have done, but the way we were treated during the pandemic (trashing people's freedoms) has rather opened my eyes. The worst aspect was people having no problem trashing other people's freedom to do stuff which they weren't actually that bothered about themselves. As an example swimming is very important to me and I was stopped from doing it for about 8 months but most people, who do not swim themselves (and certainly not as seriously), thought this no particular problem.

So no, whilst I think smoking should be restricted in where people can smoke, it should be heavily taxed and people have to be over 18 to buy fags, but other than that, leave them, alone. This is supposed to be a free country.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Jim117 said:

Quite correct.

Nothing worse than an uncomfortable knob  :blush:.

Any one on here ever drive a Riley Pathfinder ?  Gear leaver on the floor next to the door took some getting used to 🙃.

See the source image

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

They were like driving two three seater settees, as I recall they didn’t spoil you on gear selection, and we’re next to impossible to reverse into a parking spot

I thought we were doing well crookesey - but! (respectfully)

What the hell are you talking about?

Used one of my Zephyr's (did i mention I used to have Zephyrs :blush:) with a car trailer daily.

Used quite a few with the caravan on't back. The left hand drive one was fun entering motorways, but other than that never had any trouble reversing any of them even with the tourer on't back.

Had a police Zodiac with floor change (separate seats twin speedo's) - Column definitely the  better of the options .

Happy daze 8) .

Better get back on subject 🤣

Never smoked in any of mine :nono: 🤣.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's

I've had an on again, off again relationship with fags most of my life.

Here where I live, they leave that business to the people, restaurant owners and their clients. The only place it is "banned" is in an enclosed air conditioned space. But since most restaurants are open to the beach/street, fhere is still an ash tray provided on the bar, in all other areas.

Smoking here is not a cultural thing, the locals never developed the habit, so it's mostly expats having a fag with their coffee and beer. Nobody cares enough to complain, so it's an accepted, if not promoted, part of life.

At a dollar a pack, it's a cheap hit for those who need it.

I'm agnostic on the matter, but I love the freedom people have here in  their personal life.

But I'm surprised that it is not banned outright in the nanny states.

Must be something to do with the 10 quid a pack in the U.K.

Seems it's the gummint who "addicted" to those tobacco taxes!  :)

Edited by trastrick

56 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Quite correct.

Nothing worse than an uncomfortable knob  :blush:.

Any one on here ever drive a Riley Pathfinder ?  Gear leaver on the floor next to the door took some getting used to 🙃.

See the source image

I thought we were doing well crookesey - but! (respectfully)

What the hell are you talking about?

Used one of my Zephyr's (did i mention I used to have Zephyrs :blush:) with a car trailer daily.

Used quite a few with the caravan on't back. The left hand drive one was fun entering motorways, but other than that never had any trouble reversing any of them even with the tourer on't back.

Had a police Zodiac with floor change (separate seats twin speedo's) - Column definitely the  better of the options .

Happy daze 8) .

Better get back on subject 🤣

Never smoked in any of mine :nono: 🤣.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Owt you like (respectfully)

5 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I just do not understand why people start smoking in the first place. Drinking, I understand, it enhances a good time and also eases the pain of a bad time. But smoking, what is the attraction? 

I started smoking at school, and it was pure peer pressure.