Supertram Conductor 'Abused And Punched In Back Of Head'

2 hours ago, driver151 said:

and reading all the post here and you wonder y the public transport industry has no staff...........all i see apart from a few posts is ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK, 

I agree with most of your posts there driver151, but I have to say, everyone on this thread has been on the side of the conductor/public transport staff apart from the comments made by BigAl1 which you've quoted.

19 hours ago, AndrewC said:

I agree with most of your posts there driver151, but I have to say, everyone on this thread has been on the side of the conductor/public transport staff apart from the comments made by BigAl1 which you've quoted.

yea apologies, got mixed up with other threads and seeing alot of stuff on social media, but again more or less anytime buses/trains are brought up its seems fine to attack the people at the bottom and when they leave, leaving people without there transport they attack the ones that stay and they now they are thinking about leaving,

just been told a driver had a bottle of urine throw at them last night, lucky it missed the driver but did land on the bus,

There is a stop outside our depot and there had not been a bus for 30+ mins on a 10 min service due to staff shortages so one person thought it was fine to storm into our canteen and shout at us for not driving, We as Drivers are really close to just all giving up we just wana work but every person has a limit, i am very very close to mine and we now have a number of driver off with work related stress so even less drivers,

we have new drivers starting and within weeks they are leaving realising it really bad, The Public are destroying there own public transport on there own and so blind to it all cuz its "not my problem" people dont take responsibility anymore always someone else fault, and yea we do take responsibility as a Driver if i do anything wrong i hold my hands up but i don't take Responsibility for what a manager dose regarding routes pricing ect which for some reason people think i have power over

Edited by driver151
  • Like 3

Guest busdriver1
17 minutes ago, driver151 said:

yea apologies, got mixed up with other threads and seeing alot of stuff on social media, but again more or less anytime buses/trains are brought up its seems fine to attack the people at the bottom and when they leave, leaving people without there transport they attack the ones that stay and they now they are thinking about leaving,

just been told a driver had a bottle of urine throw at them last night, lucky it missed the driver but did land on the bus,

There is a stop outside our depot and there had not been a bus for 30+ mins on a 10 min service due to staff shortages so one person thought it was fine to storm into our canteen and shout at us for not driving, We as Drivers are really close to just all giving up we just wana work but every person has a limit, i am very very close to mine and we now have a number of driver off with work related stress so even less drivers,

we have new drivers starting and within weeks they are leaving realising it really bad, The Public are destroying there own public transport on there own and so blind to it all cuz its "not my problem" people dont take responsibility anymore always someone else fault, and yea we do take responsibility as a Driver if i do anything wrong i hold my hands up but i don't take Responsibility for what a manager dose regarding routes pricing ect which for some reason people think i have power over

Yep, been there , done that. I now have a better paid job with better conditions and there is no going back for Me. Thrown away my bus licence, wont be needing that again.

3 hours ago, driver151 said:

I've seen it at terminii and bus station where the services has a short layover yet as soon as the bus arrives passengers trying to force their way onboard whilst passengers from the previous journey are still getting off. Or a driver will be dealing with a travelmaster ticket that needs manually logging on the ticket machine and in the middle of it some ignorant moron wil thrust their scan pass on the machine despite clearly seeing the driver is busy. 

I've also witnessed passengers shouting abuse at drivers because they've not pressed the bell or not pressed it with sufficient distance for the bus to be able to stop. 

On 17/06/2022 at 13:52, Resident said:

I've seen it at terminii and bus station where the services has a short layover yet as soon as the bus arrives passengers trying to force their way onboard whilst passengers from the previous journey are still getting off. Or a driver will be dealing with a travelmaster ticket that needs manually logging on the ticket machine and in the middle of it some ignorant moron wil thrust their scan pass on the machine despite clearly seeing the driver is busy. 

I've also witnessed passengers shouting abuse at drivers because they've not pressed the bell or not pressed it with sufficient distance for the bus to be able to stop. 

Passengers sound a bit like numpties to me.

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Passengers sound a bit like numpties to me.

Your favourite word?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Your favourite word?

If you like.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If you like.

It is because of all the abuse of drivers and conductors.

Abuse is hehasfallen favourite territory.

Sigmund has spoken.

Stop chasing me, mate. I know you dont like me.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Stop chasing me, mate. I know you dont like me.

We need to continue this in the I'm bored section. But as long as you keep trolling and call others insulting names I will keep pulling your pants down and show others what you really are.

Sigmund has spoken. 

2 hours ago, dutch said:

We need to continue this in the I'm bored section. But as long as you keep trolling and call others insulting names I will keep pulling your pants down and show others what you really are.

Sigmund has spoken. 

He will put you on his pretend 😃 ignore list