Supertram Conductor 'Abused And Punched In Back Of Head'

Potentially student age so perhaps liase with the Uni. All students have ID photos so a check through the DB.

2 minutes ago, wobblywill said:

I think the idea of making them wear hi viz jackets and trousers and clean the streets is the best idea, preferable in their own neighbourhood. They'd think twice before doing anything again

Nah. I'd have them underground, clearing fatbergs by hand in the sewers...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Potentially student age so perhaps liase with the Uni. All students have ID photos so a check through the DB.

Nah. I'd have them underground, clearing fatbergs by hand in the sewers...

Yep, that's a good idea but no one would see them. I'd want their friends to see them

Deport them! Send them to a rocky outcrop for the rest of their days! Hang them! Etc.

1 hour ago, wobblywill said:

Yep, that's a good idea but no one would see them. I'd want their friends to see them

Court order to take control of their social media and live-stream to their friends...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Court order to take control of their social media and live-stream to their friends...

Yeh that's the idea, 👍

disgusting they should be banned from all public transport for life

but if Stagecoach  supertram want us to respect their staff then perhaps Stagecoach supertram might just treat their customers with respect.

Stop endorsing the early departure of their trams, persuade the PTE to display accurate info on their dot matrix, stop closing the doors on passengers, properly coordinate the tramlink service for a start arrange tram replacement services when no trams and proper information

Edited by BigAl1

10 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

but if Stagecoach  supertram want us to respect their staff then perhaps Stagecoach supertram might just treat their customers with respect.

Stop endorsing the early departure of their trams, persuade the PTE to display accurate info on their dot matrix, stop closing the doors on passengers, properly coordinate the tramlink service for a start arrange tram replacement services when no trams and proper information

I doubt any of that would have stopped those two scummers doing what they did, I really wouldnt make any excuses for them.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I doubt any of that would have stopped those two scummers doing what they did, I really wouldnt make any excuses for them.

true but it always amuses me when I see Stagecoach supertram asking us to respect their staff and see it as a one way process

3 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

true but it always amuses me when I see Stagecoach supertram asking us to respect their staff and see it as a one way process

To be fair, its not the fault of the staff on the tram for any of the issue you describe*. Front line staff take the flack for things that are nothing to do with them, it was ever thus.

*(ok, maybe the "closing the doors on passengers" but thats the driver not the conductor, and a tram cant sit there for ever with the doors open, at some point it has to close the doors and get on its way. Same with a train or a bus.)

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

Alternatively you could turn up at the stop in plenty of time before the scheduled departure? I've never known a tram to depart more than 30secs early, 

Doors close just before departure time, just like trains, planes, ferries etc. If you're not there ready to board when the vehicle arrives then that's on you. YOU MISSED the service.

There is a system in place when trams are unable to run (blockages/works etc). There called buses. Stagecoach even has an arrangement with First to allow tram ticket holders when trams are unable to run to their scheduled destinations unexpectedly.  Information when this is the case is clearly online when this is in force. 

As for the PTE, they do what they want and don't listen to any of the operators, mostly because to do so would cost them precious money that they like to hoard/spend irresponsibly. 

On 08/06/2022 at 13:33, Janus said:

It won't  be long before their arrest-the photo is clear enough to identify them.

Don't count on it, I was assaulted over a year ago, images of the guy on CCTV, never caught him.

18 hours ago, Resident said:

Alternatively you could turn up at the stop in plenty of time before the scheduled departure? I've never known a tram to depart more than 30secs early, 

Doors close just before departure time, just like trains, planes, ferries etc. If you're not there ready to board when the vehicle arrives then that's on you. YOU MISSED the service.

There is a system in place when trams are unable to run (blockages/works etc). There called buses. Stagecoach even has an arrangement with First to allow tram ticket holders when trams are unable to run to their scheduled destinations unexpectedly.  Information when this is the case is clearly online when this is in force. 

As for the PTE, they do what they want and don't listen to any of the operators, mostly because to do so would cost them precious money that they like to hoard/spend irresponsibly. 

very common to see them leave 2 minutes early and have even seen them leaving 3 minutes early I have complained to Stagecoach with the specific examples but they tell me they are not concerned and that the timetable is not a timetable it is a guide. As someone who catches the tram from Middlewood it is very annoying when you know the time of the tram and are walking to the stop knowing you have 2plus minutes before it is to leave to have the doors shut in front of you and the tram pull out . With the new timetable it is common to see the tram arriving at Middlewood early and have to wait for the previous tram to leave

21 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

To be fair, its not the fault of the staff on the tram for any of the issue you describe*. Front line staff take the flack for things that are nothing to do with them, it was ever thus.

*(ok, maybe the "closing the doors on passengers" but thats the driver not the conductor, and a tram cant sit there for ever with the doors open, at some point it has to close the doors and get on its way. Same with a train or a bus.)

No I am not blaming the staff at all it is the management I am blaming for the culture of the company but there is no excuse for the regular early  departures just as there is no excuse for the driver deliberately ignore a passenger running towards his /her tram and closing the doors in front of them