Cineworld Bow To Mob Rule

It appears that Cineworld has bowed to mob rule and stopped showing the film Lady of Heaven (which was obviously deemed fit to be shown by the BBFC) because a baying mob of Muslims protested, what a world we live in.

• Like 1

Just draws more attention to the film, people who protest about stuff like this are a bit thick really.

I had never heard of it until yesterday, and now I want to watch it to see what the fuss was about.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just draws more attention to the film, people who protest about stuff like this are a bit thick really.

I had never heard of it until yesterday, and now I want to watch it to see what the fuss was about.

Exactly, if they don't agree with the content don't see it, if it's not making money Cineworld will soon remove it anyway. I'd have to carefully consider whether I use Cineworld again, we can't allow a rabble to force the rules, Curzon Cinema for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

7 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

There are dozens and dozens of 10/10 reviews on IMDb.
I smell a rat.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13097336/

Thank you Lord , Jim & Top 47.

Never heard of it,

checked the trailer out and we'll have a go at that.

I just can't fathom out why any good Muslim would want to protest 🥴.

On the other hand the good Christian types out there protested over 'Life of Brian' :huh: .

Keep safe  & (All together now)

" 🎵 All Way's Look On The Bight Side Of Life 🎵 "

• Like 1

Protesting is a right and sometimes I get it but for something like this then it just makes me want to go and see it, like some others I'd never even heard of it.

I went to see Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) a few years ago and they were protesters outside the City Hall telling me I must tell him not to sing Israel.

There is less chance of Ian Anderson listening to me than me listening to them and to top it all I had never heard of the song

1 hour ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Protesting is a right and sometimes I get it but for something like this then it just makes me want to go and see it, like some others I'd never even heard of it.

I went to see Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) a few years ago and they were protesters outside the City Hall telling me I must tell him not to sing Israel.

There is less chance of Ian Anderson listening to me than me listening to them and to top it all I had never heard of the song

11 hours ago, top4718 said:

It appears that Cineworld has bowed to mob rule and stopped showing the film Lady of Heaven (which was obviously deemed fit to be shown by the BBFC) because a baying mob of Muslims protested, what a world we live in.

Out of interest top, did you consider anti apartheid protesters a «  baying mob » or Ulster Loyalists who carried on and rioted during  the controversy a few years ago about the flying of the Union Jack in certain buildings in N Ireland ? 
 I appreciate they are different issues but just in the interests of consistency. 

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Out of interest top, did you consider anti apartheid protesters a «  baying mob » or Ulster Loyalists who carried on and rioted during  the controversy a few years ago about the flying of the Union Jack in certain buildings in N Ireland ? 
 I appreciate they are different issues but just in the interests of consistency. 

I have no issues with the protest, people should protest if there are things they disagree with, its the fact that Cineworld has pulled the film because of it, I don't agree with what these protesters  demanded in any way but their right to protest should be upheld.

Good try at using a veiled attempt to imply racism to shut the debate down, its what usually happens on issues like this.

• Like 1

All this is on a par with the chubby brown episode at the city hall . The vocal minority win once again and it’s time the rest shouted up that it’s not acceptable . Next thing we’ll have Mary Whitehouse’s lot saying you can’t watch tv in your own home in your pyjamas 

22 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

All this is on a par with the chubby brown episode at the city hall . The vocal minority win once again and it’s time the rest shouted up that it’s not acceptable . Next thing we’ll have Mary Whitehouse’s lot saying you can’t watch tv in your own home in your pyjamas 

Except this time it involved a load of scary looking men standing outside the cinema, no surprise they pulled it, god knows what could have happened. 

Note to anyone reading this: I said "men". I didnt mention the ethinicity of the men, or their skin colour, at any point, so settle down.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

I have no issues with the protest, people should protest if there are things they disagree with, its the fact that Cineworld has pulled the film because of it, I don't agree with what these protesters  demanded in any way but their right to protest should be upheld.

Good try at using a veiled attempt to imply racism to shut the debate down, its what usually happens on issues like this.

«  no issues with the protest » ! You described it as a «  baying mob » ?  What’s race got to do with the flag protest in N Ireland ?  And where am I trying to «  shut the debate down » ? It’s almost like you’ve got an agenda,  What debate ? 

Buck up lad 

39 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

«  no issues with the protest » ! You described it as a «  baying mob » ?  What’s race got to do with the flag protest in N Ireland ?  And where am I trying to «  shut the debate down » ? It’s almost like you’ve got an agenda,  What debate ? 

Buck up lad 

I described it as a baying mob as that what it was, your implication was that I was mentioning this protest particularly because it was a Muslim protest and asking a question as to whether I had called any other protests baying mobs, your intent was quite clear sunshine and if you haven't got anything to add to the debate in question perhaps refrain from commenting. 

• Like 1