House building in Loxley (or not it seems)

:loopy: Apart from the big sites in the news like the proposed builing on the old Marshalls site, why is everybody against any houses being built at all in Loxley ?

As soon as you mention building up pops "The Loxley Conservation Society" + "The Stannington Forum" + "Bradfield Parish Council" to mention a few who jump on the band wagon and protests about green belt, greenfield, brownfield, butterflies, the view from Stannington being spoilt, anything to try and get peoples backs up and the daftest of all - the local school won't be able to cope.

Do you realise that Loxley school has to advertise across the city to survive because no new houses means no new kids which means the school could go down hill in the near future and be forced to close ( I said could) all because some people who are active members of the above societies / forums live in houses built on brownfield sites (used to be fields, for those that don't know)but don't want US to share in the lovely little village and be able to buy a nice new house near to where we grew up, but get forced out to somewhere else...........:loopy:

My brothe had problems at loxley, These people reall need to get a life!! Oh & the school thing is a much bigger problem than the council let on, if the numbers at Bradfield go down that could be closed as well!!

I thought Loxley school was one of the most over subscribed in Sheffield? The Loxley estate which it serves is massive and new families move in all the time? I went there as a child and have got great memories.

On the original point though, I hope Bovis do build on the Hepworths site. I'd love to live down there and I'll have a deposit together by the time the development starts. I asked on the forum whether anyone knew anything about it earlier this year and though it got 100's of views it got absolutely 0 replies. The only problem I can see with the site is the traffic chaos it will cause around Malin Bridge. Things are bad enough down there but the council have said if it is required they will look at restructuring the roads to cope with the new demand (so if Bovis pull their finger out basically).

Is the Hepworths site different from the Marshalls one?

Even the old Marshall's site was more attractive than that LEGO atrocity that now stands there, enough land has been ruined by the spread of the human kanker. Where is it going to end and what is up with people who don't understand that "green belt, greenfield, brownfield and butterflies" are far more important than a bunch of ugly houses for a population that is growing like a plague of locusts?

It'll be a NIMBY thing.Or I'm all right jack stuff you.

Yes I agree that greenbelt is important, people need places to enjoy. Also Loxley school is probably over subscribed, but they do advertise for pupils.

My point was as previously posted, "I'm alright jack"

If you read the Loxley Valley Design Statement, the object is to work with the council on matters of planning and to control the urban growth as it also states that villages need to grow to survive. So why are ALL house building plans scuppered ? There is land at the side of the Chapel, some opposite the old paper shop, land off Hanson Road, all crying out to be tidied up, all available as small brownfield sites, all designated in the Sheffield Unitary Plan as building land.

But these narrow minded people want you and me to go and live in an apartment in the city whilst they live in thier houses previously built on Brownfield land.:(

Loxley valley doesn't need another 250+ motor vehicles snarling up the only way in and out of the place.

If the planners had thought about new roads and better movement of traffic through hillsborough then maybe the 3 societies mentioned may have been a little more understanding.

The old Marshalls site has had rumours of redevelopment to housing for about the last 10 years, if the owners are that desperate to make money from property developments they surely could have cut their losses by now and bought land elsewhere?

The 'pensioner village' lower down the valley has been open for at least 12 months and I've been told they are struggling to fill that due to the high prices. So why do we need more houses at the £250k+ price when the real need is for low cost living?

Also the wadsley village project has been ongoing for 5 years and still shows now sign of completion, do we really want mud and plant traffic sanrling up the one single road that supplies Loxley for that long? The road is in a bad enough state of repair at the moment !!

Who mentioned such a large amount of vehicles ?

Villages need some sort of development to bring in new blood.

So wouldn't it be nice to be able to have the choice as to whether to buy a new house in Loxley or not.

Why are we being forced to buy in the other less controlled villages that have had some beautifull little developments created.......

As to the retirement homes down Loxley Road, the way it's going the whole of Loxley will be a retirement village in a few years............

Who mentioned such a large amount of vehicles ?

Villages need some sort of development to bring in new blood.

So wouldn't it be nice to be able to have the choice as to whether to buy a new house in Loxley or not.

Why are we being forced to buy in the other less controlled villages that have had some beautifull little developments created.......

As to the retirement homes down Loxley Road, the way it's going the whole of Loxley will be a retirement village in a few years............

How aware are you of the plans for Loxley Valley?.. the plans are to build upwards of 300 new homes. How many of these new home owners do you think will have at least one car?

New houses = more cars = more traffic.. it's not rocket science

I thought it already was.

The road is in a bad enough state of repair at the moment !!

You can say that again.....

Gateway to the Peak District, what a laugh, if I was a visitor I would think I had taken a wrong turning onto a 4x4 test route...........

You can say that again.....

Gateway to the Peak District, what a laugh, if I was a visitor I would think I had taken a wrong turning onto a 4x4 test route...........

The words SOUR and GRAPES comes to mind