House building in Loxley (or not it seems)

:loopy: Apart from the big sites in the news like the proposed builing on the old Marshalls site, why is everybody against any houses being built at all in Loxley ?

As soon as you mention building up pops "The Loxley Conservation Society" + "The Stannington Forum" + "Bradfield Parish Council" to mention a few who jump on the band wagon and protests about green belt, greenfield, brownfield, butterflies, the view from Stannington being spoilt, anything to try and get peoples backs up and the daftest of all - the local school won't be able to cope.

Do you realise that Loxley school has to advertise across the city to survive because no new houses means no new kids which means the school could go down hill in the near future and be forced to close ( I said could) all because some people who are active members of the above societies / forums live in houses built on brownfield sites (used to be fields, for those that don't know)but don't want US to share in the lovely little village and be able to buy a nice new house near to where we grew up, but get forced out to somewhere else...........:loopy:

Loxley School and Bradfield School are vastly over-subscribed! I don't know where you got your information from but you're wrong! Almost impossible to get a child in to Loxley School unless you live very near by!

edit:deleted, MEGA OLD THREAD I stumbled on! sorry

Edited by AlquarUK