16 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

There isn't a library on Western bank.

Yes there is, and has been for many years. 

In fact, there are now four Sheffield University library sites.  

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/library/facilities

And anyone can use them. https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/library/visitors/membership#public

2 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Yes, I do. I can't believe the monopoly that one university has on this city. They give nothing back. I can't see any resident's life benefiting from them buying up so much land. 

It's not just the one university either, we have two and lots of student accommodation is provide by Sheffield Hallam Uni. I'm a big fan of universities, can you tell? I studied at one and worked at the other. And now I have two degrees as well. Students actually bring a lot of money into Sheffield, especially overseas students. Do you have a degree, btw?   Hmmmm . . . . let's see . . . 

Didn’t realise that not having a degree precludes people from having an opinion.

A rather arrogant post from MallyMon

Depends if that opinion is stupid or not, I suppose.  Have a read of LovePotion's input on this thread.

Edited by HeHasRisen

14 hours ago, LovePotion said:

The University Of Sheffield is getting too big for its boots and making a problem city worse for permanent residents. They have blocked off Gell Street to buses, meaning the 52/52a gets delayed trying to turn down by the hospital. They have built some hideous monstrosities of buildings, such as the "Bioincubator" on Hanover way, that is now rusted and looks an eye sore. Now they want to build on Henderson's (NEVER "Hendo's") site! How much space does one University need? There are those of us that have to live here and are becoming sick of space taken up for "edgy" designed buildings that look awful after five years. I liked the look of the Henderson's building. It was quite a poignant piece of architecture.

ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!

The end of an era? No, a new beginning, there have been some big changes at Henderson's.

Students have a meagre existence, its up to the people around them to help them thrive and that's one thing Sheffield has got right.

The history department sucks though as it's closing down with hundreds of top Sheffield trained archaeologists out there.

Edited by Findlay

16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

How dare a major employer in the city want to redevelop an abandoned building.

Disgusting.

IT wasn't 'Abandoned' they purchased the building (and several in the area) and Hendersons were made to move.... ok, the factory needed a face-lift sure, but it was still active until the time the building was purchased....

Edited by Ghozer

14 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

IT wasn't 'Abandoned' they purchased the building (and several in the area) and Hendersons were made to move.... ok, the factory needed a face-lift sure, but it was still active until the time the building was purchased....

I used to deliver there once a month, back in the early eighties.

I was always asked if I liked their relish (couldn't really say I preferred Lee & Perrins :blush:) so always came home with a bottle.

Happy days and perks of the job 8) .

See the source image

I've only seen these in Morrisons (I really ought to get out more 🤣).

Rock on 8) .

3 hours ago, Thorpist said:

Didn’t realise that not having a degree precludes people from having an opinion.

A rather arrogant post from MallyMon

:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, MallyMon said:

It's not just the one university either, we have two and lots of student accommodation is provide by Sheffield Hallam Uni. I'm a big fan of universities, can you tell? I studied at one and worked at the other. And now I have two degrees as well. Students actually bring a lot of money into Sheffield, especially overseas students. Do you have a degree, btw?   Hmmmm . . . . let's see . . . 

Which one are you?

https://imgur.com/a/noBKYbI

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Calling someone with a different opinion to you a troll is downright pathetic and goes to prove that you have no strong counter argument. You are just sore because I pointed out that you mistook Premier Inn for a B&B. 😂

I'm not sore about that at all. Why would I be, it wasn't me that mistook Premier Inn for a B+B in the other thread.

If this isn't trolling, and I quote from your message,  "Why do they need so many sites? Why can't they stick woth the Art Tower and the Perak building? Two massive buildings there surely they can cram them all in."...then it's stupidity. I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt, clearly I was wrong to do so.