Financial Advisor Needed

Any recommendations for good local financial advisors please for personal matters?

Thanks!

Ask family and friends. 

I use Belmayne in Dronfield, my dad used them before and he was savvy with money.
Fees aren't too bad and they've done me proud so far.

You have no idea about who is responding if you have any sense delete this post and seek professional advice

Make sure they are qualified (for what you need)

Make sure they are properly regulated All financial advisors have to be approved or authorised by the FCA

Make sure they are independant (Independent financial advisers (IFAs)

Make sure you understand their fees

Try your bank first, you must trust them or you wouldn’t favour them with your finances.

Without knowing what advice is required then recommending their bank is not good advice. Most banks will only recommend their own services which can be costly and they do not offer an independent service and may not even be appropriate for OP needs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

Without knowing what advice is required then recommending their bank is not good advice. Most banks will only recommend their own services which can be costly and they do not offer an independent service and may not even be appropriate for OP needs

Trying is not buying, banks have access to services that the person in the street has no idea of their existence. They will give you some idea of the services that you require, and of their costs, you would then have a platform to work from, good luck.

Fogwill & Jones are good. I used them for some pension transfer advice a while back. 

Hopefully everyone will have enough sense to ignore igors31